- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary soups
- Complimentary finger food
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
- Air conditioning
- Baggage storage
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
The Sala VIP Colomer at Barcelona El Prat airport (also known as AENA Colomer Lounge) serves primarily travelers flying on Iberia’s Air Shuttle to Madrid (“punto aeri”). Located at the very end of Concourse A, right around the corner from the Madrid gates and steps away from the dedicated security checkpoint, the Sala VIP Colomer is intended as a touchdown space for Iberia and oneworld elite and premium passengers, where they can recharge their devices and grab a quick bite ahead of the short flight.
While the Sala VIP Colomer is Iberia branded, it is actually operated by Premium Traveler (which runs several airport lounges and facilities at both Barcelona and Madrid airport), and technically open to virtually all premium and elite passengers, regardless of their destinations, just like its much larger and more centrally located sister location, the Sala VIP Pau Casals. The Sala VIP Colomer also welcomes members of airport lounge access networks such as Priority Pass.
Sala VIP Colomer BCN design
The Sala VIP Colomer at Barcelona airport is a rather compact lounge, with seating for just about 50 customers, but it benefits from a superb location with three window walls and two-story ceilings. The luminous and airy space feels much more spacious than it really is. It’s unfortunate that the views are no match for the grand architecture – the airport access road and grounds are hardly inspiring, though the mountains can be seen in the distance.
Most of the space is dedicated to an open seating area featuring wide, comfortable black leather seats around large coffee tables. The layout is spacious and offers a generous amount of personal space, with side tables by every seat and plenty of room to circulate. Most – but not all – seats come with a power outlet. It’s frustrating that such an essential feature would not be more reliably available in an otherwise modern lounge.
Sala VIP Colomer BCN amenities
The Sala VIP Colomer at Barcelona airport offers a set of essential amenities.
The buffet offers a simple selection of snacks and finger food, with freshly baked pastries in the morning as a highlight. Soft drinks include a large assortment of soda and juices in a cooler, bottled water, and Nespresso with a selection of capsules. Then, there is a surprisingly large choice of self-serve alcoholic beverages including wines, cava, liquor and spirits. That’s enough to make the quick hop over to Madrid go by in a snap – or to soothe the pain of a delay.
Complimentary unlimited Wi-Fi is available, though the lounge doesn’t have a dedicated access point – patrons are directed to use the airport’s network, which requires signing up and watching a brief commercial – or paying up to skip the commercial and get faster speeds. That’s tacky – though a notable improvement over the former 15 minute limitation. (Hint: feel free to make up a name and email address.)
Other amenities include two work stations with shared computers behind the reception desk, and a selection of newspapers and magazines.
Sala VIP Colomer BCN bottom line
The Sala VIP Colomer at Barcelona El Prat airport is a relatively basic but pleasant lounge which provides all the essentials for travelers bound to Madrid, plus a few luxuries such as a bottled water to go and a generous alcoholic beverage selection. A stay at the Sala VIP Colomer will typically be short, but should flight delays occur, travelers will find comfortable seating, personal travel assistance, and a luminous, quiet environment. We just wish the lounge offered its own private Wi-Fi network.
The following passengers have access:
- Pay-in customers: relax at the lounge no matter what airline you're flying. Purchase access now and save time and money.
- Iberia business class passengers departing on a same-day flight.
- oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members departing on a same-day flight operated by Iberia or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- International First and Business Class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a Star Alliance airline.
- Star Alliance Gold members departing on a same-day flight operated by Lufthansa or another Star Alliance airline (+1 guest)
- International First and Business Class passengers departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam airline.
- SkyTeam Elite Plus members departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member, in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Vueling passengers who have purchased a lounge pass.
- Vueling Pass card holders.
- All passengers, regardless of airline and class of service, for a fee.
You may have access to Sala VIP Colomer as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following oneworld member airlines only.
|Cathay Pacific (CX)||Finnair (AY)||Iberia (IB)|
|Qantas (QF)||SriLankan (UL)|
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following SkyTeam member airlines only.
|Rossiya (FV)||Vueling (VY)|
4.0 / 5, based on 3 reviews
Buy a pass and relax at Sala VIP Colomer at Barcelona - El Prat (BCN), no matter which airline you're flying. Book ahead to guarantee your spot and save time and money.
Please wait while we look up the best prices.