The Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge at Hong Kong airport, located by gate 15, was completely redesigned early 2015 to become one of the first locations to showcase Singapore Airline’s new “home away from home” concept. The design emphasizes comfort and privacy, and if you were familiar with the old lounge, expect a substantially improved experience – highlights include a bathroom inside the lounge, shower suites, and a true First Class section with additional services.
Design and amenities
The club entrance stands out, with a batik design screen opening onto an inviting reception area. Immediately behind is a cozy room dubbed “The Gallery” with a small artwork exhibition. The art is a nice touch, but the room itself is dark and feels rather utilitarian – we couldn’t imagine sitting there.
Keep walking and you’ll pass the elegant and spotless bathroom and showers, appointed with many amenities including combs and toothbrushes. The addition of a bathroom fixes the most glaring flaw of the old lounge and will be especially welcome by passengers connecting from the US to Singapore. (Previously, showering was impractical as it required a lengthy hike to the United Club or THAI lounge.)
As you reach the main lounge area, make a left if you are in First Class, where you will be welcome to a private area with a welcome drink and hot towel, and enjoy sit down, a-la-carte dining service with rotating menus.
For everybody else, a buffet features a wide range of tasty appetizers, cold and hot entrees, with local and western fare, as well as Singaporean specialties. A bartender stands by to pour wine and cocktails. Overall, while the food and beverage offering is strong, it is worth noting that with the renovation the buffet area has shrunk somewhat and choices are slightly more limited than they used to be – the selection has essentially increased in First Class at the expense of Business Class.
Beyond the buffet is a comfortable, elegant seating area, with seating arrangements catering to numerous tastes. A highlight of the refreshed space is the modern and comfortable individual productivity pods, which offer a high degree of privacy. A modern interpretation of the business center, the pods come with a table, LED light, power outlet, and comfy seat. There are plenty options for relaxation, too, with comfortable and private high-backed chairs, a TV area, as well as more traditional open seating. Power and USB outlets are available at every seat.
The alliance of dark and light colors and mostly neutral tones is relaxing, and lightweight partitions give the room humane dimensions. Magazines and water bottles are available throughout. Unfortunately we feel that Singapore Airlines’ “home away from home” design concept does not reach its full potential at this location. Despite beautiful touches, the total lack of daylight combined with the plain walls and ceilings make the space feel slightly utilitarian.
Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge HKG bottom line
Overall, the newly Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge at Hong Kong airport is a classy and well-appointed lounge. First Class customers benefit from Star Alliance’s best offering in Hong Kong, while Business Class passengers enjoy a wide range of amenities. Unfortunately the lack of windows and views is underwhelming, especially in contrast with the bright and airy gate area.
You may have access to Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EVA Air (BR) Egyptair (MS) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Air (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge at Hong Kong SAR - Chek Lap Kok International (HKG) welcomes:
- Singapore Airlines Suites class passengers (+1 guest)
- Singapore Airlines First class passengers (+1 guest)
- Singapore Airlines Business class passengers (+1 guest)
- PPS Club and KrisFlyer Elite Gold members departing on a same-day flight operated by Singapore Airlines
- Business Class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a Star Alliance airline (no guests)
- First Class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a Star Alliance airline (+1 guest)
- Star Alliance Gold Members departing on a same-day flight operated by a Star Alliance airline (+1 guest)
- Virgin Australia Velocity Platinum and Gold members
- departing on a same-day flight operated by Singapore Airlines (+1 guest)
- United Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by a Star Alliance airline (no guests)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by a Star Alliance airline (no guests)
When flying Star Alliance
When flying Star Alliance. Worldwide membership only.
- 4.0Based on 17 ReviewsSamantha Y.2019-04-23 11:44:34The selection for the buffet style food is quite slim. Only about 10 things to choose from. The ice cream freezer was actually empty when we were there. We...Derek S.2019-04-04 00:39:07Spent some time prior to boarding my Business Class flight out of HKG the other day and it was a world class experience. Check-in was a breeze and service...Renni G.2018-11-29 16:53:36Initially when I first stared coming to this lounge I was impressed. Then I started going to other SilverKris Lounges...while this one still rates "Good"...