The SWISS Senator Lounge at Zurich airport Dock A is located just a few steps beyond the security checkpoint, a short walk from most Schengen gates.
The lounge welcomes Star Alliance Gold members and Miles & More Senator customers departing on flights within Europe’s Schengen zone. Business Class passengers and Miles & More Frequent Travelers will be directed to the adjacent SWISS Business Lounge.
SWISS Senator Lounge ZRH design
Remodeled in July 2018, the SWISS Senator Lounge stretches across three levels, with the lobby on the concourse level, an expansive seating and dining area on the upper floor, and a stylish relaxation area on the top floor with panoramic views of the tarmac (where the smoking area and bar used to be located.)
The design is based on the blueprint of the widely acclaimed SWISS Senator Lounge in Dock E. The stylish space incorporates signature SWISS design features, such as a bright oiled-Swiss-oak parquet floors, accent walls made of Jura stone, and minimalist furniture by Vitra and deSede.
On the second floor, the lounge compensates for the lack of natural light with warm natural tones, while on the top floor, the open layout embraces the expansive views.
Guests have their choice of traditional lounge seating, reclining chairs, lounge suites, and secluded work areas. Most seats come with power outlets and an individual lamp.
SWISS Senator Lounge ZRH amenities
The SWISS Senator Lounge at Zurich airport Dock A features an assortment of snacks and cold cuts with an emphasis on Swiss fare, such as muesli at breakfast time and Movenpick ice cream. On the beverage front, the selection includes soft drinks, espresso, and an assortment of self-serve red and white wines. SWISS also offers “front-cooking”, hot dishes prepared on demand in an open kitchen.
Five shower rooms are available. Towel and bath amenities are provided.
With the remodel, SWISS has done away with the expansive smoking area (which used to boast the longest serviced bar in the world) in order to create a more inviting social space. Smokers will find a new, smaller outdoor area.
Other features include shared computers and a selection of newspapers and magazines.
SWISS Senator Lounge ZRH bottom line
The SWISS Senator Lounge at Zurich airport Concourse A (Schengen) is an enjoyable, classy and sophisticated lounge with a solid range of amenities for short-haul travel, even though the lack of daylight is unfortunate.
You may have access to SWISS Senator Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EVA Air (BR) Egyptair (MS) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Air (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
SWISS Senator Lounge at Zurich (ZRH) welcomes:
- First Class passengers departing the same day on an international flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline. Customers may bring one guest and children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More HON Circle members. Customers may bring one guest and children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members. Customers may bring one guest and children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance Gold passengers departing the same day on an international flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline and traveling in any class of service. Customers may bring one guest departing on a same-day flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline.
- 3.5Based on 11 ReviewsMax C.2017-10-29 04:30:27Average First Class Lounge. Cheap champagne. Limited sodas availability. No Diet Coke. Transportation to other terminals is done by pre established...Michael R.2017-06-24 22:11:42The Swiss Senator Lounge in Zurich is a great space in which to unwind before a flight. Unlike the dingy lounge in Geneva, the Zurich lounge near the A...Beth V.2015-11-18 02:37:36On the second floor, past the piano or guitar player, same door as the business class lounge. Business class ticket will get you into either, but I asked...