COVID-19 closure: SWISS Senator Lounge is temporarily closed.
Be the first to know when SWISS Senator Lounge re-opens. It's free and easy. Log in or create an account and sign up to be notified. We will monitor the status of this lounge and e-mail you when it re-opens.
- CLOSED TEMPORARILYFood:
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary cooked-to-order meals
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
- Outdoor deck
The SWISS Senator Lounge at Zurich airport Concourse E opened in January 2016 and serves long-haul flights to destinations outside Europe’s Schengen zone. The lounge serves Miles&More Senator passengers, Star Alliance Gold customers, as well as First Class passengers departing on Star Alliance carriers. Business Class passengers will be directed to the adjacent Business Lounge.
SWISS Senator Lounge ZRH design
The three SWISS lounges in Concourse E benefit from a superb location above the concourse level. The pristine space is surrounded by an open-air observation deck which boasts expansive views over runway 28 and the Swiss Alps. The views are equally impressive from inside, thanks to the floor to ceiling windows on the entire perimeter of the lounge.
The exquisite design is a modern take on SWISS’ traditional décor. It combines the airline’s signature touches – the elegant hardwood floors, posh Vitra furniture and accent walls made of Jura limestone – with a lighter and more expansive color palette, gorgeous woods and finishes, and subtle lighting. The ensemble is a showcase example of truly refined yet understated design, with a soothing but dynamic vibe. In sort, it’s everything we’ve always loved about the SWISS design, but in a brighter, less minimalistic, and more lively setting.
After checking in with one of the friendly employees, make a right and the automatic glass door will open, revealing a sanctuary which is a highlight of the lounge: the “28/10” whiskey bar. The space is furnished as a posh living room with leather L-shaped sofas and designer coffee tables arranged in a spacious layout along the floor to ceiling windows. Light mesh curtains add a vertical dimension to the décor while creating a homey feeling, while backlit geometric shapes within the walls add a dynamic and vibrant touch to the ensemble. Even if it’s too early for a drink, the space is hallmark of comfort and elegance.
Make a right from the entrance and you’ll enter a long and sumptuous hallway which links the bar area with the main lounge area. The luminous space decked in fine wood features the coats of arms of the 26 cantons of Switzerland, along with a diagram of the highest peaks that adorn the Swiss Alps. The play of light and angles creates geometric shapes that accentuate the perspective. The ensemble is a pretty stunning display of creativity for what could have been a simple utilitarian hallway.
The hallway opens unto a spacious buffet area. Espresso machines, complete with SWISS branding, rest on a center island, while a buffet loaded with tasty treats stretches along the walls. Beyond is a vast dining area with an open kitchen – a truly expansive space which we expect to be busy but seldom crowded, thanks to its spacious and open layout.
The main seating areas are pretty typical of the traditional SWISS lounges with a wall of Jura stone as the backdrop, yet the panoramic view and attention to detail are second to none. The comfortable and large seats are flanked by individual side tables with built-in universal power outlets and individual lamps. The seating arrangement is spacious enough for travelers to enjoy a comfortable amount of space and privacy, even at peak times.
There’s also art – well, furniture arrangements – which are interesting, but we’ll confess, a bit disorienting.
We fell in love with the new Concourse E lounges at the first sight. The SWISS design is a hallmark of elegance and understated luxury.
SWISS Senator Lounge ZRH amenities
The SWISS Senator Lounge at Zurich airport Concourse E offers a solid range of amenities that is sure to satisfy the needs of every traveler.
The food and beverage offering is a major highlight. The new Concourse E lounges go beyond the traditional buffet, with a new concept dubbed “front cooking”: a large live cooking station where chefs prepare hot entrees on demand. Options include omelets in the morning and Swiss fare in the afternoon. One doesn’t need to wait in line to enjoy a quality meal, though: the buffet area features a generous selection of fancy appetizers and entrees, with an emphasis on creative canapes and tasty bite-sized portions.
In addition to a wide array of soft drinks and hot beverages, patrons will find a large selection of self-serve alcoholic beverages. But the exquisitely furnished and tastefully luxurious “28/10” whiskey bar steals the show. In a posh and intimate environment, visitors may sample over 120 varieties of whiskeys from all over the world, while gazing over the expansive views. Just be sure to keep an eye on the clock!
While it’s a large lounge intended to support multiple concurrent departures, the Senator Lounge caters to the most demanding privacy needs. Along the windows in a secluded area are private relaxation booths with elegant leather recliners flanked by side tables, where travelers may revel in the view in a quiet and soothing environment. There are also numerous individual fully enclosed workspaces which are suitable for phone calls. They’re dark, though – you’ll need to choose between the austerity and privacy of a workspace and the more uplifting environment of the open space.
Four tastefully decorated and well-appointed shower suites are shared with the adjacent Business Lounge. Towels and bath amenities are provided, but be sure to inquire at the reception early, as there may be a waitlist.
Finally, a beautiful observation deck surrounds the lounge and features exciting close-up views on the tarmac and Swiss Alps. However, access to the deck may be restricted based on security regulations and weather considerations.
SWISS Senator Lounge ZRH bottom line
In our opinion, the SWISS Senator Lounge at Zurich airport Concourse E (non-Schengen) is a model of convenience and functionality. More importantly, it successfully caters to every type of traveler, offering the right balance between open spaces and privacy, along with an impressive set of amenities. The seating areas are spacious and comfortable, and feature uplifting vistas. The expansive dining area boasts a dynamic vibe, excellent food, and luxurious cooked-to-order offerings. The relaxation and work zones offer excellent privacy. And the 28/10 whiskey bar is a luxurious touch which makes you literally forget you’re at an airport.
You may have access to SWISS Senator Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EGYPTAIR (MS) EVA Air (BR) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Airways (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
SWISS Senator Lounge at Zurich (ZRH) welcomes:
- First Class passengers departing the same day on an international flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline. Customers may bring one guest and children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More HON Circle members. Customers may bring one guest and children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members. Customers may bring one guest and children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance Gold passengers departing the same day on an international flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline and traveling in any class of service. Customers may bring one guest departing on a same-day flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline.
- 5.0Based on 12 ReviewsJason H.2019-10-24 03:18:41Night and day from their other terminal lounges. This has a whiskey bar. A great patio to watch the aircraft take off. Beautiful bathrooms. And yes,...Kenneth R.2019-10-23 20:41:21This Star Alliance lounge is a real standout in comparison to its brethren at PEK and ICN. It's well-appointed and spacious. The WiFi is fine! The food...Sam M.2019-01-03 17:08:25The Zurich airport in Switzerland is one of the best airports to transit through. One of the reasons is because they have lounges all over the airport. With...Sam M.2019-01-03 17:08:25The Zurich airport in Switzerland is one of the best airports to transit through. One of the reasons is because they have lounges all over the airport. With...Vincent L.2018-08-17 02:11:07The newly renovated Swiss Senator Lounge has a great selection of single malts. Come early for your flight and do a tasting. The staff is very...Manfred S.2018-05-12 07:16:58Careful-The access elevator at E37 can be easily missed. Then somehow my Swiss boarding pass didn't show my status and I had to show my UA card to prove...Hu K.2017-04-15 23:58:31The best Swiss lounge in Switzerland. Great espresso drinks machine. Plenty of snacks/drinks/wine throughout the day. Unlike lounges in different...Michael R.2017-02-20 23:55:07The Senator lounge at Zurich terminal E, is certainly amongst some of the best airport lounges that I've visited. The space is bright and airy and there is...