Opened in September 2018, the United Club at New-York/Newark airport in Concourse C near gate C93 is a temporary “pop-up” lounge, which aims at relieving crowding at the United Club near gate C74. The location will remain open until a new permanent lounge is available.
The temporary club is essentially a partitioned-off space within the gate area and thus pretty basic—there is no bathroom, and the space is not fully enclosed so noise from the terminal bleeds in. That being said, the location tends to be much quieter than the chronically crowded permanent club near gate C74.
The lounge delivers on all the basics, including ample daylight, comfortable seating with power points at every seat, work spaces, and a selection of snacks (including hummus, pretzels, cheddar cheese, carrots, and ranch dip.) Drinks include infused water, soda, espresso, and complimentary beer, wine, and sparkling wine. Cocktails are not available at this location.
While the United Club situation at Newark airport is unfortunate, at least the temporary location near C93 tends to be less busy than the permanent lounge near gate C74.
You may have access to United Club as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Adria Airways (JP) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EVA Air (BR) Egyptair (MS) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Air (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
United Club at New York, NY - Newark Liberty International (EWR) welcomes:Notes:
View detailed access rules at united.com
- United Club members departing on a same-day flight or arriving on a United flight (+2 guests, or the member’s spouse and children under the age of 21.)
- United Polaris business class passengers departing or connecting (no guests)
- United Business passengers departing on a United transcontinental Premium Service flight (no guests)
- Business Class passengers departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (no guests)
- First Class passengers departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (no guests)
- United Premier Gold, Premium Platinum, Premier 1K, and Global Services members departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Star Alliance Gold Members (except United Premier members) departing on a domestic or international flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier in any class of service (+1 guest)
- United Club one-time pass holders (paper or electronic passes) (no guests)
- Active U.S. military personnel departing on a same day United flight (no guests)
- Amtrak Guest Rewards Select Plus members departing on a same day United flight (+1 guest and children under the age of 21.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (no guests)
- Passengers in domestic Business of First class (including Hawaii, Canada, and Mexico) do not have access, unless flying on a Premium Service flight between San Francisco/Boston, San Francisco/Newark, or Los Angeles/Newark.
- A government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license, passport or military ID) is required.
When flying Star Alliance. NA and WW memberships only.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.