COVID-19 closure: United Club is temporarily closed.
- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
The club will remain open until United completes the design and construction of a larger and permanent facility.
The pop-up club is situated in a partitioned-off space within the gate area. There is no bathroom, noise from the terminal bleeds in, and the design is monochrome and utilitarian to a fault. That said, the lounge delivers on all the essentials including ample daylight, comfortable seating with power points at every seat, work spaces, and a typically peaceful environment.
The food and drink selection is modest. Guests will find hummus, pretzels, cheddar cheese, carrots, ranch dip, infused water, soda, and espresso, as well as complimentary beer, wine, and sparkling wine.
For a more substantial selection, including salads, protein, and premium beverages and cocktails, head over to the United Club near gate C74, but be aware that it is chronically crowded.
You may have access to United Club as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
|Aer Lingus (EI)|
United Club at New York, NY - Newark Liberty International (EWR) welcomes:
- United Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by United or a Star Alliance member airline, or arriving on a United flight (+2 guests, or the member’s spouse and children under the age of 21.)
- United Polaris business class passengers departing or connecting (no guests)
- United Business passengers departing on a United transcontinental Premium Service flight at the origin and destination of their premium transcontinental flight (no guests)
- United Business passengers departing on an United international flight (to/from Mexico, Guam, Caribbean, Central America, Columbia and Ecuador) at departure, connecting and arrival airports (no guests)
- Business Class passengers departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (no guests)
- First Class passengers departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (+1 guest)
- United Premier Gold, Premium Platinum, Premier 1K, and Global Services members departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Star Alliance Gold Members (except United Premier members and above) departing on a domestic or international flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier in any class of service (+1 guest)
- United Club one-time pass holders (paper or electronic passes) (no guests)
- Active U.S. military personnel departing on a same day United flight (+family members)
- Amtrak Guest Rewards Select Plus and Select Executive members departing on a same day United flight (+1 guest and children under the age of 21.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (no guests for Air Canada Maple Leaf Club North America members, +1 guest for Air Canada Maple Leaf Club Worldwide members)
- Passengers in domestic First class do not receive United Club access. United Business passengers flying on a Premium Service flight between San Francisco/Boston, San Francisco/Newark, or Los Angeles/Newark receive access at the origin and destination of their premium transcontinental flight.
- A government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license, passport or military ID) may be required.
When flying Star Alliance. North America Plus and Worldwide memberships only