COVID-19 closure: United Global First Lounge is temporarily closed.
Be the first to know when United Global First Lounge re-opens. It's free and easy. Log in or create an account and sign up to be notified. We will monitor the status of this lounge and e-mail you when it re-opens.
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary full service restaurant
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Barista coffee
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
United Global First Lounge LHR design
The modern design draws inspiration from the new United Club design, with numerous unique and local touches. Large floor to ceiling windows let plenty of light in, and throughout the lounge, dark colors, recessed lighting and art work exude a feeling of understated but timeless elegance.
The centerpiece of the décor is the tea room (and bar area) featuring a replica of Big Ben, manufactured by the same company who made the original. At tea time, a traditional English spread is offered.
Adjacent to the tea room, a curved partition carves out a formal dining area with a floor to ceiling wine walls.
Beyond stretches a seating area comprised of multiple rooms with slightly different vibes and egg chairs, comfortable furniture, and power outlets and USB ports at every seat.
United Global First Lounge LHR amenities
A small napping area with loungers and curtains provides travelers a private place to relax. While we love the concept, we regret the lack of blankets and pillows, and questionable design – the room isn’t physically separated from the potentially noisy seating area, and while the curves of the couches sure look good, nothing beats a flat surface to sleep. That being said, the amenity provides excellent privacy and, short of a place to sleep, an opportunity to rest and relax.
The beautiful spa-inspired shower suites (located in the adjacent United Club) are a highlight. Elegant, spacious, and modern, they come with a rain shower, towels, branded bath products.
Perhaps the most surprising feature of this lounge, coming from United, is the emphasis placed on food and beverages. A resident chef is in charge of the menu, and patrons not only enjoy a generous buffet and a premium selection of beverages including Laurent Perrier Champagne, but also full sit-down restaurant service with cooked to order food. Tables come with tablecloth, linen and flowers. With plenty of staff, service is prompt, proactive and courteous.
Incidentally, the food in the Global First Lounge is typically superior to what United serves on board, so it may make sense to arrive a little early, enjoy, and then maximize sleep on board.
United Global First Lounge LHR bottom line
Overall, the United Global First Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 2 is an outstanding addition to the United Global First Lounge network. While it doesn’t feature aspirational high end First Class amenities such as private rooms, massages or limousine rides to the aircraft, it does offer a private, high-end experience in an upper scale setting. It is well worth arriving a bit early to enjoy a pre-departure meal at this beautiful facility. In many regards, the United Global First Lounge is superior to British Airways’ tired and crowded first class facilities.
Within Star Alliance, Singapore Airlines also offers a beautiful First Class lounge which may be quieter and offer more attentive service, but both clubs are excellent overall and the United Global First Lounge features a more dynamic vibe and an outstanding décor.
The following is a typical sample selection. Actual choices may vary. All food and drinks are complimentary. A full bar is available.
A la carte breakfast
- Selection of cereals and juices
- Mini Danish plate served with butter and preserves
- Deli meats and Artisan cheese plate
- Fresh fruit salad with seasonal berries
- Yoghurt selection
- Eggs benedict with turkey or smoked salmon
- Pancakes with maple syrup and cinnamon butter
- Lincolnshire pork sausage
- Vegetarian sausage
- Grilled American style bacon rashers
- Grilled plum tomatoes
- Baked beans
- Hash browns
- Grilled flat mushrooms
- Scrambled, poached or fried eggs
- Omelet selection
A la carte lunch and dinner
- Woodland mushroom cappuccino (V)
- Vegetable and soya Gyoza, soy vinegar sauce (V)
- Shrimp and cheddar grits
- Parma ham, Rosary goat’s cheese, rocket and chargrilled sourdough bruschetta
- United Beef Burger with wine tomato, smoked Applewood cheese, dill pickle, gem lettuce and burger sauce served on Viennoise bun
- Braised beef, creamed mash, baby turnip, carrots and leeks
- Pan fried Masala salmon, lentil salad, stuffed potato
- Ras el Hanout spiced chargrilled chicken with roasted carrot, chickpea and feta salad
- Sauteed potato and semolina gnocchi, chargrilled artichoke, spinach, red pepper coulis (V)
- Sticky toffee pudding with banana and clotted cream ice cream
- Chocolate torte, vanilla cream, fresh berries
- Artisan cheese plate with biscuit and quince jelly
- Wasabi peanuts
- Roasted salted peanuts
- Mini pretzel
- Cheddar cheese bites
- Potato chips
- Rocket peppers
- Feta cheese
- Char grilled peppers with parmesan and balsamic vinegar
- Char grilled artichoke hearts
- Cherry mozarella and garlic marinated sundried tomatoes
- Marinated olives with pickles
- Smocked mackerel
- Smoked salmon
- Selection of Italian antipasti
- Farmhouse ham
- Selection of fresh sandwiches and wraps available upon requestHerb roasted potatoes
- Mixed vegetables
- Tofu and bean soy ginger noodles
- Broccoli and beef stir fry and black bean sauce
- Onion pilau rice
- Chicken harra masala
- Fresh fruit salad shots
- Oat and lemon cookies
- Hazelnut biscuits
- White chocolate cookies
- Almond cantuccini
- Double chocolate cookies
- Lemon and poppy cake
- Blueberry and almond frangipane tart
- Boston brownie
- Stem ginger and apricot flapjacks
- Blueberry and almond frangipane tart
Premium red wines
- 2013 L’Enclos Merlot/Cabernet, Pays d’Oc, Domaine de Castelnau, France
- 2012 Marques de Reinosa Rioja Crianza, Spain
- 2013 Tantehue Merlot, Central Valley, Chile
- 2013 Barbera del Monferrato, Cantine Volpi, Italy
Premium white wines
- 2014 Pehhcora Pecorino, IGP Terre di Chieti, Italy
- 2013 Matys White, Sauvignon, Diemersdal, South Africa
- 2014 Les Ronces Chardonnay, Domaine de Castelnau, France
- 2014 Marques de Reinosa Blanco Rioja, Spain
Champagne, sweet and rose wines
- Laurent Perrier, Tours sur Marne, France
- N.V. Laytons Brut Reserve Rose, France
- 2011 Chateau Petit Vedrines, Sauternes, France
- 2013 Marques de Reinosa Rioja, Rose, Spain
You may have access to United Global First Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
The following passengers have access:
- United Global Services members departing on a United intercontinental flight in United Polaris business class (no guests)
- First Class Passengers departing on an intercontinental Star Alliance flight (+1 guest)
- Lufthansa HON Circle members departing on a United or Lufthansa intercontinental flight in Business or First Class (no guests)
4.5 / 5, based on 23 reviews