COVID-19 closure: United Club is temporarily closed.
- CLOSED TEMPORARILYFood:
- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
The United Club at London Heathrow airport is widely acclaimed as United’s best lounge, and a stark departure from the typical United lounge.
With Star Alliance’s move under one roof at London Heathrow Terminal 2, “The Queen’s Terminal”, United has embraced the opportunity to compete head-to-head with the dominant carriers and to offer true premium services. As such, the United Club at London Heathrow is like no other in the network, with high end amenities, hot food, a broad drink selection, and spa inspired shower suites.
United Club LHR design
The United Club is located in Terminal 2B, approximately 15 minutes from the checkin area, close to the departure gates. The lounge features United’s latest design language also featured in Chicago and San Diego amongst other locations, which favors open spaces, shades of white, designer light fixtures, comfortable furniture throughout with power outlets at every seat, and vintage pictures of United aircraft.
But the traditional décor, which tends to be a bit bland, has been spruced in London with several unique touches such as tree sculptures which shape the space and augment privacy, couches, golden hues, and elegant curves.
The main seating area, an oversized rectangular room – United runs the largest lounge amongst Star Alliance carriers at London Heathrow – boasts a floor to ceiling window which runs along the entire length of the room. The space feels modern, bright, airy, and while the lounge is often busy, the many partitions and screens break up the space and carve out more private areas.
A variety of seating options easily accommodates all needs, with comfortable individual chairs, couches, dining tables, as well as table top and counter style seating. Power outlets (of the UK type) and USB plugs are available at every seat.
In the back is a reading room: a cozy, semi-enclosed area with a friendly circular shape, where patrons will find a quieter environment and a selection of newspapers and magazines.
United Club LHR amenities
The food and beverage offer is a highlight, and has no equivalent at any other United Club worldwide. While the caterer’s name (Sodexho) may not evoke gourmet dining, United has enlisted the help of a full-time chef and offers a complete meal selection which is refreshed throughout the day. All food and drinks are complimentary. Lighter appetites and health conscious patrons will enjoy the salad bar, the sweeter teeth will note the excellent dessert selection including delicious fruit tart, while all will enjoy the variety of hot entrees.
But it’s the small touches that truly impress: the expansive array of salad sauces and accompaniments, the variety of breads, or the selection of healthy natural juices. There’s even no less than five syrups and multiple types of sugar for the perfect latte. Overall, United’s catering is in our opinion superior to their main competitor’s, British Airways, at the Galleries Club lounges in Terminal 5.
The selection of alcoholic beverages doesn’t disappoint either. The bar, which stands out as a focal point of the design with a view of the tarmac as the backdrop, features a an expansive and mouth watering cocktail list, as well as an upscale selection of wines and Champagne. There’s also a full bar, and the bartenders are creative, so feel free to let them demonstrate their skills and surprise you.
For the ultimate in privacy, the club features several large, modern and fully enclosed work spaces, which are ideal for ad-hoc meetings or simply for privacy or phone calls.
United has also placed a notable emphasis on bathroom facilities. In lieu of a traditional shared bathroom, the club features individual stalls with a posh bench, plenty of space to change, and a sink to freshen up. While sumptuous, the design is not the most practical, though – with only six stalls for gents, lines aren’t uncommon.
The shower facilities, however, are flawless. The seven spa-inspired elegant shower suites come with a sink, a toilet, a rain shower, and a selection of bath products. Amenities such as slippers and toothbrushes are available. The facilities are serviced between each use and are by far United’s best worldwide, even topping their nearby Arrivals Lounge.
United Club LHR bottom line
Overall, the United Club at London Heathrow Terminal 2 (“The Queen’s Terminal’) is United’s best business class lounge worldwide and a superior club even by international standards, well worth a visit. The only notable downside is that despite its size, the United Club is often busy and occasionally noisy — perhaps a victim of its own success.
If anyone doubted that United can actually run a world class lounge, the United Club and adjacent Global Services Lounge are the irrefutable proof that the carrier doesn’t lack the skills. It all comes down to competition – and there’s plenty of that in London.Food & Beverages
This club offers a buffet with a selection of hot and cold entrees, as well as a full bar featuring a range of premium wines and cocktails. Food and beverages are complimentary. The following is a sample selection.
- Vietnamese noodle
- Summer grain salad
- Rustic Mediterranean salad
- Mixed leaf
- Fruit salad
- Chicken harra masala
- White rice
- Shepherd’s pie
- Roasted vegetables and pinto bean enchiladas with salsa Roja
- Herb roasted potatoes
- Mixed vegetables
- Continental sliced meat platter
- Coronation chicken wrap
- Ham ploughman
- Mature cheddar cheese and spring onion
- Artisan cheese plate
- Fruit tart
- Double chocolate cookies
- Oat and lemon cookies
- White chocolate cookies
- “Sour Sam”: This mellow drink is created by Sean, which is a bold combination of aromatic spiced rum with freshness of lime
Ben’s Mexican passion A tequila based drink with exotic flavours of orange and passion fruit, Benjamin’s twist to a Mexican classic.
- “Delayed”: A humorous treat created by Plamen for all occasions with a unique combination of Vodka and Campari with freshness of orange and lime.
- Strawberry surprise: Sweet and tangy mix of strawberries, rum and cranberry juice with a hint of vanilla designed by Antonio.
- Express to Milan: A complex coffee and spirit concoction created by Luigi which gives you a perfect reason to start your day in style, his bold twist to a classic vodka Martini.
- Sucre Sale: This cocktail created by Jeremy combines the aromatic flavours of gin and freshness of mint and cucumber to leave a dry and deep finish.
- Whiskey sour: Based on Bourbon whiskey which is elevated to a new level with perfect combination of sweet and sours with an optional choice of egg white.
- Piña colada: A Puerto Rican classic made with rum and exotic and creamy concoction of coconut and pineapple juice
- Screwdriver: A classic American aviator’s drink with a delightful combination of vodka and orange juice.
- Manhattan: A classic from the club in New York which combines the bold flavours of whiskey and aromatic vermouth and bitters.
- Long island ice tea: A well structured and delightful combination of gin, vodka, rum, tequila and Cointreau topped up a splash of cola.
- Cosmopolitan: A popular vodka based drink with a luxurious and smooth combination orange, lime and cranberry flavours.
- Margarita: A Mexican classic based on tequila with a crisp and refreshing mix of orange and lime.
- Mojito: Cool and well balanced rum based drink with refreshing mix of fragrant mint, lime and effervescent soda.
- Martini: Elegant classic based on Gin or vodka with stylish combination of aromatic vermouth.
- Pie in the Sky: Tito’s Vodka, Cranberry cocktail (cranberry apple and grape) topped with ginger ale.
- 99 Nina: Lime juice, sugar syrup, apple juice, cranberry juice topped with ginger ale.
Wine and ChampagnePremium Red Wines
Premium White Wines
- 2012 Peyrasse Grenache/Syrah, IGP Pays d’Oc, France: Full of black fruits and spice, medium bodied, fruity and smooth.
- 2012 Marques de Reinosa Tinto, Rioja, Spain Powerful aromas and spicy, full bodied with red fruit flavours.
Champagne, Sparkling and Rose Wines
- 2011 The Landings White, Colombard/ Chardonnay, South East Australia: Ripe and fruity with a pleasing citrus tang on the finish.
- 2012 Pinot Grigio Ca del Bianco, IGT delle Venezie, Italy Mouth wateringly refreshing, with apple and pear flavours, a rounded texture and dry, crisp finish.
- Rodier Pere et Fits Brut, Reims, Champagne, France: A blend of 55% Pinot Meunier, 42% Pinot Noir, 3% Chardonnay. Medium lemon colour, fine mousse.
- Arcobello Prosecco, Ermes Mansue, Doc Treviso, Italy: Fully sparkling and very pale straw coloured, the palate is dry but fruity.
- 2012 Vina Ventisquero, Clasico Merlot Rose, Central Valley, Chile: Pale coloured and bursting with redcurrant and strawberry fruit, this is soft yet dry.
- Classic iced tea: The classic iced tea made with English breakfast tea and a touch of citrus flavor.
- Camomile, ginger and honey iced tea: A calming combination of floral and aromatic flavours served on ice to help you relax.
- Cranberries and elderflower: Healthy and nutritious brew of red berries combined with elderflower.
- Earl grey and mint iced tea: A light brew of citrus flavoured Chinese tea and fragrant mint served on ice.
- Iced Citrus and Gin Green Tea: An unusual and elegant drink, citrusv and with refreshing mint.
Strawberry and banana: Combination of seasonal British strawberries and banana blended with natural yogurt. (Please ask for dairy free option which will replace yogurt with soya milk.)Airlines
You may have access to United Club as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EGYPTAIR (MS) EVA Air (BR) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Airways (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)Access rules
United Club at London - Heathrow (LHR) welcomes:
- United Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by United or a Star Alliance member airline, or arriving on a United flight (+1 guest, or the member’s spouse and children under the age of 21.)
- United Polaris business class passengers departing or connecting (no guests)
- Business Class passengers departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (no guests)
- First Class passengers departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (+1 guest)
- United Premier Gold, Premium Platinum, Premier 1K, and Global Services members departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Star Alliance Gold Members (except United Premier members and above) departing on a domestic or international flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier in any class of service (+1 guest)
- United Club one-time pass holders (paper or electronic passes) (no guests)
- Active U.S. military personnel departing on a same-day United flight (+family members)
- Amtrak Guest Rewards Select Plus and Select Executive members departing on a same-day United flight (+1 guest and children under the age of 21.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club Worldwide members departing on a flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (+1 guest)
- Effective November 1, 2019, United Club customers, including members and their guests, and one-time pass holders will need to provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star Alliance or a contracted partner for entry into all United Club locations.
When flying Star Alliance.BlogsFoursquare53a4014b498e7d482874e137Yelp4.5Based on 69 ReviewsJulia C.2019-03-14 21:43:07I tried all four Star Alliance lounges in Heathrow Terminal 2. Lufthansa near the A gates and United near the B gates. It's about a 15 minute walk from the...Mason R.2019-03-01 08:05:52Probably the best non-Polaris club lounge in United's network. Was able to enjoy a hot shower in a private room, hot food and an open bar. There was plenty...Diana S.2019-02-26 06:45:49One of the best United Clubs I've been to, the ones in the U.S. are horrible compared to this one. This lounge is very modern and spacious and has a...Hiro S.2018-07-24 13:41:11I agree with other reviewers - this is probably one of the best United Club. As I got to the airport rather late and did not have much time to spend...Jen B.2018-06-16 14:30:55Fabulous lounge. I wish I had more time to enjoy all it had to offer, but the lunch buffet was delicious, I loved the view, great drinks, and gorgeous clean...Sfo B.2018-05-17 02:30:24It is the best United Club I have ever been too, and I wish that more clubs of United can be like this club at Heathrow. On the other hand, it is still a...CommentsPhotos
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Map & Directions
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.