- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary full service restaurant
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Barista coffee
- Clothes pressing
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
- Private rooms
Opened in June 2018, the United Polaris Lounge at New York – Newark airport is a luxurious haven for passengers departing or arriving in United’s intercontinental premium cabin, as well as Star Alliance long-haul Business and First Class passengers.
The club is located immediately across the security checkpoint, between gates C102 and C120, next to Starbucks.
United Polaris Lounge EWR design
A vast circular marble-clad lobby in monochrome tones greets visitors. Up on the ceiling is a light sculpture by Brooklyn-based Richard Clarkson Studio evoking the constellations of the 12 zodiac signs, in a nod to the Polaris brand. To the left, a hallway opens onto the lounge proper, revealing an elegant and luminous space with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the tarmac.
Inspired by the design of the United Polaris Lounge Chicago O’Hare and United Polaris Lounge San Francisco, the decor blends soothing blue, gray, and white tones. Marble partitions, accent lighting, and designer light fixtures create a luxurious and serene ambiance.
The seating configuration appeals to solo travelers, couples, and larger groups alike. With 455 seats across 27,100 square feet, the club is by no means intimate, but the smart layout and sheer variety of seating options aim at accommodating the most discerning needs.
Solo travelers will find 44 productivity pods outfitted with personal lighting, USB and power, a coat hook, and a laptop table, which provide excellent privacy and comfort.
For a more casual vibe, the Polaris Lounge Newark offers inviting star-shaped couches in the bar area, egg chairs, and intimate seating for couples with with privacy dividers. All seats are outfitted with power and USB outlets.
For private phone calls or impromptu meetings, guests can retreat to one of the four phone rooms, all elegantly appointed with an ergonomic chair, a desk, and a work lamp.
The Polaris Lounge Newark plays on the cosmos metaphor with star-shaped clusters of seats, “stardust” motifs on the ceiling, and dimly-lit hallways outfitted with LED twinkling stars.
United Polaris Lounge EWR amenities
The United Polaris Lounge Newark features an a line-up of world-class amenities, including shower suites, private relaxation rooms, and a complimentary full-service restaurant.
The imposing buffet features an assortment of small plates, salads, entrees, and sweets. The focus is definitely on comfort food, with all-time favorites such as ravioli, BLT sandwiches, cold cuts, and bruschetta, but the more refined or heath-conscious palate will also find a salad bar, grilled veggies, and curried salmon. Breakfast is a traditional hot buffet featuring eggs, sausage, and other staples.
The complimentary full-service restaurant offers complete a-la-carte meal in elegant surroundings. 24 tables accommodate up to 48 diners on a first-come, first-serve basis. The service gives passengers departing on short flights to Western Europe the opportunity to dine on the ground, thereby maximizing sleep on board.
The stunning marble-clad bar boasts a selection of 14 international wines, Champagne, six beers on tap, and a generous assortment of liquors and spirits. The bartenders also double as baristas, and will craft the espresso drink of your choice. Soda, juices, infused and bottled water, tea, and espresso are available for self-service in coolers in the buffet area.
The Polaris Lounge EWR features ten spacious and exquisitely designed shower suites appointed with a rain shower, a heavenly memory foam bath mat, over-sized Saks Fifth Avenue-branded towels, a pair of slippers, and Cowshed Spa bath products in wall-mounted dispensers. Essentials such as combs, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shower caps, and shaving kits are available upon request.
United also offers clothes pressing service: hang your clothes through the double door, ring the bell, and your items will be promptly returned to you while you freshen up.
In lieu of traditional public bathrooms, the Polaris Lounge sports generously-sized individual all-gender stalls equipped with a toilet, a sink, an ottoman, and plenty of room to change or freshen up.
Ten individual napping rooms featuring a day bed, eye masks, ear plugs, Saks Fifth Avenue-branded pillows and blankets, and a white noise machine, await weary travelers.
The showers and sleeping rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis from the Valet, next to the customer service area. We recommend inquiring early should their be a wait at peak times.
United Polaris Lounge EWR bottom line
The United Polaris Lounge at New York-Newark Liberty airport is the best lounge at Newark and one of the top contenders in the New York City area. The elegant design, combined with an impressive line-up of amenities and services, is sure to make a lasting impression. While a few airlines offer a-la-carte dining, United’s product is the closest to replicating a true restaurant experience.
Note that the Polaris Lounge, while located centrally, is a 15 minute walk from the furthest gate. Star Alliance passengers departing from Terminal B need to take the shuttle bus near gate C71, and should allow at least 30 minutes to reach their terminal.
For more details, see our in-depth soft opening review.
United Polaris Lounge at New York, NY - Newark Liberty (EWR) welcomes:
- United Polaris business class passengers, within 24 hours of their international flight, at the departing, connecting and destination airports (no guests)
- First Class passengers departing on an international flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline (+1 guest)
- Business Class passengers departing on an international operated by a Star Alliance member airline (Canada and Mexico excluded) (no guests)
Note: A same-day boarding pass for an international flight in a premium cabin is required. United Club members, United Club one-time pass holders, and MileagePlus elite members traveling in economy may not use Polaris lounges unless they meet one of the access conditions.
You may have access to United Polaris Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
A la carte dining: Breakfast (served until 11 am)
- Potato latkes with pepper creme fraiche
- Strawberry mint acai bowl with seasonal fruit, granola, toasted coconut and a honey drizzle
- Mango almond overnight-oats served with macerated berries
- Toasted mini bagel tartine with smoked salmon and caper chive cream cheese
- Lemon thyme buttermilk pancakes with seasonal berries and warm maple syrup
- Eggs Benedict with smoked duck on grilled rye bread with chipotle hollandaise
- Bagel sandwich with Black Forest ham, bacon and Muenster cheese, topped with a fried egg
- Creme brulee French toast topped with apple cinnamon compote
A la carte dining: Lunch and dinner menu
- Polenta fries with aged Parmesan and sun-dried tomato pesto
- Traditional Italian chopped salad with romaine lettuce, Roma tomatoes, English cucumbers, Kalamata olives, ditalini pasta, pepperoncini and Applewood-smoked bacon, topped with shaved Parmesan and balsamic vinaigrette
- Slow-cooked meatballs in roasted garlic tomato sauce topped with mozzarella and served with a toasted crostini
- Hand-stretched flatbread pizza with fontina cheese, prosciutto, arugula and a truffle oil drizzle
- Wild mushroom risotto with a balsamic reduction
- Moroccan-spiced braised lamb on a toasted cumin rice cake with cucumber raita
- Seared fresh cod with cauliflower puree and spring tomato salad
- United Polaris Burger with cheddar, lettuce, tomato, pickled vegetables, garlic aioli, bacon, fried egg and potato crisps
- New Yorker dessert trio New York cheesecake cup, tiramisu and traditional cannoli
- Milk & brookie A playful take on the cookie and brownie — baked together and served with a glass of milk
- United Polaris Star, Star anise-infused vodka, Dolin Blanc and Dolin Dry garnished with a single star anise
- The Paper Plane, Oolong-steeped bourbon, Amaro Nonino Quintessentia, Aperol, chamomile honey and lemon, garnished with a paper plane
- Cloud Cover, Aviation Gin. grapefruit liqueur and fresh lime juice with lemon twist
- United Polaris Old Fashioned, Rieger’s Kansas City Whiskey, house simple syrup. San Francisco Bitters, Company Reception Bitters with a fresh orange wheel and Luxardo cherry
- High Altitude Bloody Mary, Star anise-infused and house made bloody mary mix with fresh pepper, sea salt, olive and celery garnish
- Ginger Scotsman, This playful version of the classic Penicillin combines Balvenie DoubleWood, ginger beer, chamomile honey, lemon and a mist of Ardbeg 10 Year
- Lavender Lift, Riondo Blu Prosecco, Belvedere Vodka, lavender and lemon essence with a lavender garnish
- Smoky Negroni, Del Maguey Single Village Mezcal, Carnpari house made vermouth and orange bitters with a dehydrated orange garnish
- Fernet About It Fernet-Branca, Coca-Cola and a twist of lemon
- London Spritz Pimm’s No. 1, Amaro Nonino and blood orange sour garnished with cucumber, citrus and mint
- Swanson Vineyards, Pinot Grigio, Sonoma Mountain, California 2014, Well balanced with notes of white peach, guava. Asian pear, honey and Meyer lemon zest
- The Crossings, Sauvignon Blanc, Awatere Valley, New Zealand 2015, Grassy, herbal notes accent pink grapefruit on the nose and a silky feel to the wine that lingers on the finish
- Hahn SLH, Chardonnay, St. Lucia Highlands, California 2014, Rich and layered with silky notes of peach, nectarine, ripe pear and vanilla
- Schloss Johannisberg, Riesling, Rheingau, Germany, crisp, firm and fresh on the palate with notes of white flowers, lemon and pear
- Rosé in the Air, Rosé, Cotes de Provence, France, Light pink color with peach and lychee highlights, a floral nose with notes of exotic and citrus fruits
- Riondo Blu, Prosecco, Veneto, Italy, Fresh and velvety with scents of Golden Delicious near and acacia blossom
- Piper-Heidsieck “1785” Cuvée Brut, Champagne, France, A classic full-bodied champagne bursting with juicy pear and bright citrus with toasty notes
- Migration by Duckhorn, Pinot Noir, Russian River, California 2014, Complex aromas of rich earth and rose petals with abundant cherry pie, strawberry and a touch of sweet oak
- The Prisoner, Red Blend, Napa Valley, California, Bold aromas of black cherry and plum with hints of oak and vanilla. softened with cocoa for a dense finish
- Bodega Norton, Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina 2013, Intense and complex with notes of ripe fruit and a fine touch of smoke and coffee
- Noble Vines 181, Merlot, Lodi, California 2013, Classic style with soft tannins followed by the flavors of ripe plum, black cherry and toasty oak
- Tenet the Pundit, Syrah, Columbia Valley, Washington, Ripe cherry and plum aromas are complemented by earthy undercurrents of smoky cocoa and cola, and highlighted by traces of citrus blossom and lemon
- Rodney Strong, Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley, California 2013, Elegantly structured and loaded with juicy black cherry, cedar. créme de cassis and ripe, mature tannins
- Rabble Mossfire Ranch, Tempranillo, Paso Robles, California, 2016, Subtle Tobaccco and black fruit with wild red berries. rich cherry, licorice and black pepper, and a complex finish
- Hangar 1
- Caña Brava White Rum
- Crusoe Spiced Rum
- Casa Noble Reposado
- Casamigos Tequila Añejo
- Del Maguey Single Village® Mezcal
- Angel’s Envy
- Rittenhouse Rye
- Maker’s 46
- WhistlePig Straight Rye Whiskey
- Rieger’s Kansas City Whiskey
- Ardbeg 10 Year Balvenie
- DoubleWood Single Mal
- Crown Royal Canadian Whisky
- Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Nikka Coffey Grain Japanese Whisky
Amari, Liqueurs & Cognac
- Baileys Original Irish Cream
- Giffard Pamplemousse
- Grand Marnier
- Pimm’s No. 1
- Revolution Brewing Anti-Hero IPA
- Allagash White
- Anchor Steam
- Lagunitas IPA
- Miller Lite
- Modelo Negra
- Coke Zero
- Daily selection of Rishi hot and iced tea
- Daily selection of smoothies
- Diet Coke
- Fresh juices
- illy coffee
- Seagram’s Club Soda
- Sprite Zero
4.0 / 5, based on 56 reviews