Located in the footprint of the former United Club, Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge, and EVA Air Lounge, United’s new flagship, 28,000 square foot Polaris Lounge—and the second Polaris Lounge worldwide, after Chicago O’Hare—is scheduled to open at San Francisco airport on April 30, 2018.
The Polaris Lounge welcomes exclusively United and Star Alliance Business and First Class customers departing on international long-haul flights. Star Alliance Gold passengers and United Club members are invited to use one of the multiple United Club locations.
Spanning over two stories, the club is packed with amenities. Beyond intimate seating, guests will be treated to a complimentary full-service restaurant, a hot buffet, a noddle bar, a demonstration cooking area, eight showers, five napping rooms with day beds, clothes pressing service, a business center, and a customer service area.
Bathed in daylight, the lounge boasts sweeping tarmac views. Bar-style seating along the windows provides a front-row view over the airport grounds, with binoculars for a close-up view of the action.
With 440 seats, the Polaris Lounge at San Francisco airport will be one of United’s largest clubs worldwide. All seats come equipped with power outlets, and the productivity pods are also outfitted with USB ports.
Fore more information, read our review of the Polaris Lounge at Chicago O’Hare airport.
Buffet: Afternoon and evening menu
- Chilled roasted ratatouille salad
- Seasonal fall panzanella salad with cornbread croutons, tomatoes, English cucumbers, roasted red and yellow peppers with white balsamic vinaigrette
- Charred Caesar salad with brioche croutons
- Shaved prosciutto and melon with balsamic glaze
- Organic baby lettuces, goat cheese crostini and cured tomatoes with cherry vinaigrette
- Pulled chicken salad, roasted baby corn, pickled Asian vegetables and glass noodles
A la carte dining: Afternoon and evening menu
- Fontina baked hand formed meatballs, roasted tomato sauce, olive oil dressed micro basil salad
- Prime beef carpaccio, Chicago style pickled seasonal vegetables, toasted gazpacho vinaigrette
- Charred carrot and apple soup, candied fennel slaw
- Roasted baby red and golden beet, whipped charred feta cheese, macadamia nut crumble petite tangerine lace, blood orange vinaigrette
- Ponzu dressed rare seared tuna tataki, micro mizuna greens, pickled daikon and carrots
- Art Smith Fried Chicken, Art's famous fried chicken, pickled onions, thick cut tomatoes, pimento cheese
- Blue Door Kitchen Burget, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, pickled vegetables, garlic aioli, bacon, hand cut fries and fried egg
- Orange ginger garlic seared prime beef, forbidden stir fried Thai rice, and seasonal wok fried vegetables
- Chicken, Art Smith's Famous fried chicken, braised greens, hot sauce, honey
- Shrimp and grits, white corn grits, Tasso ham, tomato stew, crispy okra
- Potato gnocchi, sage brown butter
- Decadence by Chocolate, milk chocolate panna cotta, white chocolate bark with dried cherries and pistachios, dark chocolate brownie truffles, Chantilly cream
- Pear and cranberry cobbler, buttery macadamia nut crust, red wine caramel sauce
- Chocolate and vanilla ice cream
Amari, Liqueurs & Cognac
- Coke Zero
- Daily selection of Rishi hot and iced tea
- Daily selection of smoothies
- Diet Coke
- Fresh juices
- illy coffee
- Seagram's Club Soda
- Sprite Zero
You may have access to United Polaris Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Adria Airways (JP) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EVA Air (BR) Egyptair (MS) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Air (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
United Polaris Lounge at San Francisco, CA (SFO) welcomes:Note: A same-day boarding pass for an international flight in a premium cabin is required. United Club members, United Club one-time pass holders, and MileagePlus elite members traveling in economy may not use Polaris lounges unless they meet one of the access conditions. View detailed access rules at united.com
- United Polaris first class passengers, within 24 hours of their international flight, at the departing, connecting and destination airports (+1 guest)
- United Polaris business class passengers, within 24 hours of their international flight, at the departing, connecting and destination airports (no guests)
- First Class passengers departing on an international flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline (+1 guest)
- Business Class passengers departing on an international operated by a Star Alliance member airline (Canada and Mexico excluded) (no guests)