COVID-19 closure: American Airlines Admirals Club is temporarily closed.
Be the first to know when American Airlines Admirals Club re-opens. It's free and easy. Log in or create an account and sign up to be notified. We will monitor the status of this lounge and e-mail you when it re-opens.
- Complimentary snacks
- Food for sale
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
- Premium drinks for sale
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Design and amenities
The lobby makes a statement: the traditional intimidating reception desk has been phased out in favor of glistening white individual pods, with swivel screens reminiscent of iMacs. Enter and you will find yourself in a modern, fresh, and pristine space with clean lines, carefully designed lighting, and dominant white and light tones. Simplicity and minimalism are the keywords here: there aren’t any especially luxurious touches or overly fancy designer furniture, just an efficient design which delivers on all the basics, including power outlets at every seat (except in the round dining tables), comfortable furniture, and an efficient layout.
The space benefits from ample natural light thanks to floor to ceiling windows, although unfortunately the jetways immediately outside obliterate much of the tarmac views.
To the right upon entering is a dining area that intelligently combines a bar, buffet, and order and pick-up station for premium food options. The design is reminiscent of a food court in a mall: it is efficient, attractive, and facilitates circulation. In addition to the café style tables, counter style tables run by the windows and feature power outlets as well as USB and Ethernet ports.
The food selection is in line with the Admirals Club standards, with complimentary snacks, crudités, soups, brownies, snacks, cookies, and fruit. A variety of premium items is available at a cost. Drinks wise, patrons may help themselves from the soda fountains, or order drinks from the bar. (International travelers are eligible for two complimentary drink coupons.)
Opposite the dining area, behind a lightweight partition, is the main seating area, flanked by a customer service zone which features the same individual pods as the reception. Every seat comes with a power outlet. With rows of beige and white leather seats facing each other, the layout isn’t especially private, but it is efficient, and the lounge is typically extremely quiet especially compared to the larger club by concourses H and K. The coat racks are a nice touch. At the very end is a quiet zone behind a glass partition, which features a few egg chairs with ottomans for relaxation in addition to traditional seating.
American Airlines Admirals Club ORD bottom line
Overall, the American Airlines Admirals Club at Chicago O’Hare Terminal 3, by gate G8 is a lovely and quiet club with a fresh design. While it lacks international grade amenities such as showers, it is well worth a walk from the busier, darker and more hectic club at concourses H and K. This modern and clean design bodes well for the future of the Admirals Club network!
The following is a typical sample selection. Availability varies.
- Breakfast: bagels with cream cheese, mini muffins.
- Snacks: olives, cheese and crackers, cookies, vegetable crudité and snack mixes.
- Water, soft drinks and juices.
- Coffee, espresso, latte, cappuccino, tea, hot chocolate.
- Trinity Oaks chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Anheuser-Busch or MillerCoors beers.
- House spirits.
Premium drinksAll selections and pricing are subject to change.
Energy drinks: $3.99
Mineral water: $3.50
- Bottled water: $2.29
Premium Domestic/Craft: $7.00
Smirnoff, Bombay Original, BACARDI Superior, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Dewar’s White Label, Jose Cuervo Especial, Jim Beam: $8.50
ABSOLUT, Russian Standard, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Bombay Sapphire, Tanqueray, Johnnie Walker Black Label,Jack Daniel’s, Jameson: $10.00
Grey Goose, Hendrick’s, Patrón, Crown Royal, Maker’s Mark, Templeton Rye: $12.00
- Cordials: $10.00
Bollini, Pinot Grigio: $10.00
Willamette Valley Vineyards, Riesling: $10.00
Casa Lapostolle, Sauvignon Blanc: $10.00
Napa Cellars, Chardonnay: $12.00
Kim Crawford, Unoaked Chardonnay: $12.00
The Show, Cabernet Sauvignon: $9.50
Terrazas de los Andes, Malbec: $9.50
Folie à Deux, Merlot: $12.00
Joel Gott 815, Cabernet Sauvignon: $12.00
Rodney Strong, Pinot Noir: $12.00
- Chandon Brut Classic: $14.00
You may have access to American Airlines Admirals Club as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
|American Airlines (AA)||British Airways (BA)||Cathay Pacific (CX)|
|Finnair (AY)||Iberia (IB)||Japan Airlines (JL)|
|Malaysia Airlines (MH)||Qantas (QF)||Qatar Airways (QR)|
|Royal Air Maroc (AT)||Royal Jordanian (RJ)||S7 Airlines (Siberia Airlines) (S7)|
American Airlines Admirals Club at Chicago, IL - O'Hare (ORD) welcomes:
- American Airlines Admirals Club members (including Citi® AAdvantage® Executive Card card members) departing on a same-day flight operated by American Airlines or a oneworld airline (+2 guests or immediate family)
- Alaska Lounge members departing on a same-day flight operated by Alaska Airlines or American Airlines (+2 guests or immediate family)
- Citi® Prestige primary card holders departing on an American Airlines flight within 12 hours.
- American Airlines Admirals Club One-Day pass holders. Passes can be purchased for $59 and used at multiple lounge locations on the same day at Admirals Club lounges. (no guests)
- American Airlines First Class passengers departing on a same-day international fight (+1 guest)
- American Airlines Business Class passengers departing on a same-day international fight (no guests)
- First class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Business class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (no guests)
- oneworld Emerald members (+1 guest)
- oneworld Sapphire members (+1 guest)
- Guests must be departing on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
- Members of the military may bring in 2 guests or their immediate family.
- American Airlines AAdvantage® members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
- For connecting passengers, lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
- Qantas airline club members do not have access to American Airlines lounges.
When flying Alaska or American (+2 guests)
4.0 / 5, based on 21 reviews