COVID-19 closure: American Airlines Flagship Lounge is temporarily closed.
Be the first to know when American Airlines Flagship Lounge re-opens. It's free and easy. Log in or create an account and sign up to be notified. We will monitor the status of this lounge and e-mail you when it re-opens.
- CLOSED TEMPORARILYFood:
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Unveiled mid-September 2017, The American Airlines Flagship Lounge at Chicago O’Hare welcomes exclusively premium and elite passengers departing on international flights, including Business Class passengers, Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum customers, and oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members.
The Flagship Lounge is off-limits to paid club members and one-time pass holders, who receive access to the Admirals Club on the third floor.
American Airlines Flagship Lounge ORD design
Located at the junction of Concourses H and K below the main Admirals Club, in the footprint of the former Conference Center, the Flagship Lounge occupies an expansive 17,000 square foot space with seating for 300 passengers.
While modern, the design is resolutely conservative. With Earth tones, clean lines, and efficient lighting, American Airlines isn’t breaking any new ground; but guests can revel in expansive views over the tarmac, thanks to the floor-to-ceiling windows which wrap the space.
Power and USB ports are available at every seat. Seating options include individual comfortable solo seats, convivial pods for groups, high-top seating, communal tables, and dining booths and tables. The seating arrangement is relatively sparse, yet the open layout offers limited privacy overall—despite its sheer dimensions, the lounge is bound to be busy at peak times.
A quiet area features a handful of recliners, though the lack of real separation from the rest of the lounge and the location steps away from the window make it an unlikely place to nap.
American Airlines Flagship Lounge ORD amenities
The highlight of the American Airlines Flagship Lounge at Chicago O’Hare airport is the expansive food and beverage selection.
Guests will find a substantial assortment of appetizers, snacks, salads, hot and cold entrees, and desserts, with a good balance between healthy and heartier fare. There is also a chef station besides the buffet with rotating specials.
Unlike the New York JFK location, the Flagship Lounge at Chicago O’Hare airport doesn’t offer cooked-to-order entrees or private Flagship Dining; such high-end amenities remain exclusive to hubs where American Airlines operates international or domestic premium service.
The self-serve bar boasts a selection of wines, Champagnes, liqueurs and spirits, as well as a “mix-your-own cocktail” station with rotating recipes on display. Espresso, juices, and soft drinks are also available, with a Coca-Cola Freestyle machine which lets patrons choose from hundreds of drinks concoctions with a touch screen.
The Flagship Lounge features several elegant shower suites outfitted with a sink, and a toilet, and CO Bigelow bath amenities in wall-mounted dispensers.
American Airlines Flagship Lounge ORD bottom line
Available exclusively for American Airlines and oneworld premium and elite customers traveling internationally, the American Airlines Flagship Lounge at Chicago O’Hare is a comfortable and well-appointed lounge featuring a generous food and beverage selection which would be the envy of Admirals Club patrons.
The Flagship Lounge is a convenient place to work and boasts great views of the tarmac, but lacks any real privacy, and can be busy at peak times. It doesn’t quite compete with the United Polaris Lounge in terms of amenities—the hometown airline offers a full a-la-carte restaurant, a staffed bar, and private napping rooms amongst other luxuries—but remains nevertheless a substantial upgrade for business class and elite passengers.
- Cheese board
- House-made pickled vegetables
- Mediterranean board
- Shrimp cocktail shooters
- Chilled crab
- Chilled roasted tenderloin
- Pickled cumin-carrot salad
- Fricassee of chicken
- Pan seared salmon
- Assorted pastries
You may have access to American Airlines Flagship Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
American Airlines (AA) British Airways (BA) Cathay Pacific (CX) Finnair (AY) Iberia (IB) Japan Airlines (JL) Malaysia Airlines (MH) Qantas (QF) Qatar Airways (QR) Royal Air Maroc (AT) Royal Jordanian (RJ) S7 Airlines (Siberia Airlines) (S7) SriLankan (UL)
American Airlines Flagship Lounge at Chicago, IL - O'Hare (ORD) welcomes:
- American Airlines First Class passengers departing on an international flight from this airport, or another airport on a same-day itinerary (+1 guest)
- American Airlines First Class passengers departing on a three-class nonstop transcontinental flight from this airport, or another airport on a same-day itinerary (no guests)
- American Airlines Business Class passengers departing on an international flight from this airport, or another airport on a same-day itinerary (no guests)
- American Airlines Business Class passengers departing on a three-class nonstop transcontinental flight from this airport, or another airport on a same-day itinerary (no guests)
- American Airlines ConciergeKey passengers departing on an same-day flight operated by American Airlines or a oneworld airline (+2 guests)
- American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum customers departing on or connecting to an international flight operated by American Airlines or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum Pro customers departing on or connecting to an international flight operated by American Airlines or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum customers departing on or connecting to an international flight operated by American Airlines or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- First Class passengers departing on or connecting to an international flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Business Class passengers departing on or connecting to an international flight operated by a oneworld airline (no guests)
- oneworld Emerald members (except for passengers whose status was issued by American Airlines) departing on or connecting to any flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- oneworld Sapphire members (except for passengers whose status was issued by American Airlines) departing on or connecting to any flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- The Flagship First Dining area is only available for American Airlines First Class passengers traveling on international and transcontinental flights.
- Guests must be departing on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
- For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City only. All other international destinations are excluded from the benefit of lounge access.
- For connecting passengers, lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
- 3.5Based on 39 ReviewsLeela S.2019-09-05 18:34:11Like all the other AA Flagship Lounge locations, this lounge makes for a very pleasant stop before or after your international long haul flight. It is a...Alison V.2019-08-22 13:48:41A pretty nice lounge. We were on a JAL flight to Tokyo and got to use the lounge. There was some vegetarian items available but little little gluten-free -...Willie R.2019-07-29 18:27:36You know, I can be tough when rating airline lounges, but I must say this Flagship Lounge was redeeming. Highlights: -Food: This Lounge has the best food...Sean G.2019-06-06 14:38:11Finally an AA lounge that meets expectations. Food selection pretty good along with wine and bubbles. Also nice views if you secure an air side view. BA...Chad W.2018-05-31 18:44:56The American flagship lounge in Chicago is for sure a step up in American Airlines admirals clubs. Though you have to be flying international to get invited...Betty C.2018-02-22 12:15:49Well, this is only the second or third time in our lives we've been to a first-class travel lounge. It does feel quite elitist. Way nicer than the regular...Business_Traveler X.2018-02-18 14:46:12I think there are a lot of tough critics on this page. I thought the lounge was fantastic. Maybe I had low expectations it this far exceeded them. My only...