An exclusive retreat for American Express’ Platinum and Centurion Card holders, the Centurion Lounge at Seattle-Tacoma airport initially opened in June 2015 as “The Centurion Studio”, in a nod to its small footprint and limited amenities compared to other swankier Centurion Lounge locations throughout the US. In March 2017, American Express unveiled a 1,400 sq. f. expansion which brought sweeping views and upscale amenities such as a full bar and a shower suite. American Express consequently dropped the “Studio” moniker and renamed the club The Centurion Lounge.
The Centurion Lounge at SEA is located in Concourse B by gate B3. All concourses are connected airside, so all travelers can benefit from the club, regardless of their airline or destination. From/to the A or D gates, count on a 5-10 minute walk, while you should allow up to 15 minutes to reach satellites N and S.
American Express The Centurion Lounge SEA design
The Centurion Lounge at Seattle-Tacoma airport boasts an exquisite décor typical of the Centurion Lounge network. Greeted by a living wall and American Express’ signature scent in the reception area, patrons proceed to a seating area decked with gorgeous wood panels, designer furniture, cube chairs, and American Express memorabilia.
The main room features a largely open layout with a partition carving out a TV room. Seating options include couches, a large communal table, tabletop seating by the windows, four cube chairs for enhanced privacy, and comfortable individual armchairs with side tables. All seats come with a power outlet and USB port.
With the construction of Delta’s adjacent new flagship Sky Club at Seattle airport, the original portion of the Centurion Lounge lost both its views and daylight, and the windows have been obscured.
The new extension, located straight ahead when entering, is however bathed in natural light. It’s a sense of space that greets visitors, with panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows along two walls, and sweeping views of the tarmac and Mt. Rainier on clear days.
The room, in which the bar stands out as the centerpiece of the design, is tastefully furnished decorated in neutral tones, with colorful cushions which add energy to the ensemble. In the center are dining tables, while along the windows is more intimate seating with side tables. There is also table-top seating to the right with built-in power outlets, and artwork throughout that pays homage to Seattle’s sports teams and aviation heritage.
American Express The Centurion Lounge SEA amenities
The American Express Centurion Lounge at Seattle-Tacoma airport boasts a strong line-up of amenities.
From 6 to 10 am, patrons may order a limited selection of alcoholic beverages from a server, including Peach Bellinis, Mimosas, screwdrivers and Bloody Marys. At 10 am, the bar opens, and features a vast selection of premium liquors and sprits which include Green Chartreuse, St.Germain, Grand Marnier, Ciroc vodka, and several high-quality whiskeys and tequilas. The bar tenders have crafted a creative list of cocktails inspired by the Pacific Northwest, but passengers may order any drink of their choice. All options are complimentary. Non-alcoholic drinks include juices and soda (including Jones sugar-free soda, a local brand), tea, and espresso.
The food selection is a notch below American Express’ typical offering, considering that the lounge lacks a full kitchen. Customers will find a variety of quality snacks and small bites, often sourced locally. The selection includes sandwiches, soups, salads, and pastries. There is no hot food besides soup at this time.
Hidden in a nook in the bar area, to the left of the window wall, is an elegant shower suite featuring a rain shower with L’Occitane bath products, a sink, a toilet, a bench, and ample space to store bags. Plush towels are provided, and various amenities—including toothbrushes and razors—are available upon request.
The Centurion Lounge is one of only three lounges at Seattle-Tacoma airport to boast a shower, and the only independent lounge to offer this amenity.
Three individual oversized unisex bathrooms are also available. Expect an occasional line at peak times, and note that the bathroom next to the shower in the bar area is less likely to be occupied, due to its more secluded location.
Other amenities include newspapers and magazines, as well as fast complimentary Wi-Fi. Unlike other locations, the Centurion Lounge at Seattle airport lacks a family room, day beds, phone rooms and printers, due to lack of real estate.
American Express The Centurion Lounge SEA bottom line
The American Express Centurion Lounge at Seattle-Tacoma Airport is one of the best lounges at SEA, with a convenient central location, uplifting views, and amenities such as a complimentary full bar and a shower suite. American Express customers who have visited other Centurion Lounge locations may however lament the lack of hot meals, or high-end amenities such as the wine wall at The Centurion Lounge San Francisco airport (SFO) or spa at Dallas Ft. Worth airport (DFW).
A testament of its success, The Centurion Lounge is busy and often operates at capacity at peak times. Card holders flying Delta who don’t care for a complimentary full bar may consider using the adjacent grandiose Delta Sky Club, which offers similar views and most of the same amenities in a much more spacious setting. For virtually everybody else, the Centurion Lounge is an excellent option to kick a trip off to a great start.
For more details, check out our blog post.
The following is a typical sample selection; actual choices may vary. All food and drinks are complimentary.
Breakfast (5:00am – 11:00am)
- Granola | Small Batch, Local Granola with Mixed Nuts and Fruits
- Bagels and Spreads | Selection of Local Bagels with a Variety of Cream Cheeses and Jams
- Greek Yogurt | 100% Natural Local Yogurt
- Breakfast Pastries | Selection of Muffins & Scones
- Fresh Sliced Fruit
Lunch and dinner (11:15am to 10:00pm)
- Grilled Vegetables | Roasted Red Pepper, Roasted Asparagus
- Crudités | Carrots, Celery, Broccoli
- Fresh Herb Baguette | Tuscan-Style Bread Made with Freshly-Picked Herbs and Course Sea Salt
- Snacks | Tim’s Cascade Original Potato Chips, Wasabi Peas, Lightly Salted Mixed Nuts
- Treats | Selection of Baked Goods & Chocolates
Alcoholic drinks (until 10am)
- Peach Bellini
- Bloody Mary
Alcoholic drinks (after 10am)
- Prosecco, Nino Franco ‘Rustico’, Veneto, Italy
- White blend, Brooks ‘Amycas’ 2016, Willamette Valley, Oregon
- Pinot Grigiot, Terlato Vineyards 2015, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
- Sauvignon Blanc, Wairau River 2015, Marlborough, New Zealand
- Chardonnay, Flor de Campo 2015, Santa Barbara County, California
- Grenache + Syrah, M. Chapoutier Cotes du Rhone ‘Belleruche’ Rose 2016, Rhone, France
- Pinot Noir, Loveblock 2014, Central Otago, New Zealand
- Malbec, Modega Tamari ‘Reserva’ 2015, Mendoza, Argentina
- Syrah, Gramercy Cellars Lower East 2013, Columbia Valley, Washington
- Cabernet Sauvignon, The Federalist 2015, Lodi, California
Non alcoholic drinks
- Soft Drinks | Coca Cola Products & Jones Soda
- Coffee | Pura Vida
- Tea | Mighty Leaf Teas
- Agua Fresca | Various Flavors
American Express The Centurion Lounge at Seattle, WA - Seattle Tacoma International (SEA) welcomes:The Centurion Lounge is accessible to all eligible passengers regardless of their airline, destination, or departure terminal. Members can purchase access for additional guests at $50 per person.View detailed access rules at the centurionlounge.com
- American Express Centurion® card holders (+2 guests or immediate family)
- American Express Platinum Card® holders (+2 guests and children under 2 years old) within 3 hours of departure and at connection points (no access at final destination.) Proof of age or a lap infant boarding pass required for children under 2.
- 3.0Based on 274 ReviewsJosh G.2019-09-10 03:52:28This has to be one of the smallest Centurion Lounges in the network even with the expansion. Granted, I know that the SeaTac airport is expanding like...Jack D.2019-09-10 01:22:23SEATAC's Centurion Studio is located in Concourse B.Access to the Centurion Lounge is complimentary and exclusive to cardholders of the American Express...Aaron G.2019-09-03 13:40:49Everyone who gave this place a bad review is wrong. I had a 20 minute wait, sure, which isn't ideal. But there's a wait because it's good and people want to...Thomas L.2018-07-27 17:54:21This is for you American Express. I have never seen so many angry customers. Line out the door to get in. Then a wait list! Really. Couldn't even sit...Kyle S.2018-07-26 08:12:33With the yearly costs for maintaining a platinum card, I expected better accommodations.The lounge is fairly small, and sways between lightly crowded to...Edward L.2018-07-16 14:47:21This is an excellent Centurion Lounge, even if it's a little small.I find the service here to be fantastic all around. Far nicer than SFO, for instance....
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.