The KLM Crown Lounge at Houston airport in Terminal D is located steps away from the Air France lounge – a rare instance in which the two airlines still operate separate lounges at the same airport. In addition to serving KLM and SkyTeam customers, the Crown Lounge serves as a pay-in lounge for passengers flying on any airline and in any class of service. Members of lounge access networks such as Priority Pass and Lounge Club members are also welcome.
KLM Crown Lounge IAH design
The space is fresh, modern, and spotless. The design, inspired by the KLM lounges in Amsterdam, features hardwood floors, warm tones, and clean lines. Curtains and individual lamps create a warm environment, while the indoor plants and four bright red high backed chairs on a round red carpet contrast with the ensemble to create a dynamic vibe.
The lounge is comprised of two rooms linked by a hallway. Overall, the space is on the small side, with seating for approximately 80 customers, though it doesn’t feel cramped. Both rooms feature open seating areas with power outlets and side tables at every seat. In the first room is also a small dining area (where power outlets are somewhat lacking.) A few more seats are available in the hallway – the setup is somewhat odd, but incidentally those seats might be the most private overall.
The smart design does a good job at hiding a major flaw: the lack of natural light. While the lounge does have windows, those merely look down on the neon-lit concourse – a rather sad sight.
KLM Crown Lounge IAH amenities
In the main room is a stylish island with a selection of food and drinks. The food selection varies throughout the day – it is sligthly more elaborate prior to the departure of the daily KLM flight – though it remains pretty basic overall. Expect snacks such as hummus and pita bread, potato chips, cheese and fruit throughout the day, and cold cuts, veggies and pasta salad prior to flight time.
The drink selection is a highlight, however: soft drinks, beer, wine, and liquor are all self-serve. An elaborate espresso machine is also available.
In the back room is a small business center with work cubicle and a couple of shared computers. Other amenities include a wide selection of international newspapers and magazines. Unfortunately, there are no showers.
KLM Crown Lounge IAH bottom line
Overall, the KLM Crown Lounge at Houston Intercontinental airport is a small but pleasant and stylish lounge with comfortable seating and an enjoyable selection of alcoholic beverages. With only one KLM flight a day, it is typically pretty quiet.
By world standards, the Crown Lounge is a pretty low key and rather unremarkable facility for an international business class lounge. However, in the Houston market dominated by United, it stands out as one of the airport’s better appointed lounges and a welcome alternative to the United Clubs a brief train ride away.
You may have access to KLM Crown Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any SkyTeam member airline.
Aeroflot (SU) Aerolineas Argentinas (AR) Aeromexico (AM) Air Europa (UX) Air France (AF) Alitalia (AZ) China Airlines (CI) China Eastern (MU) Czech Airlines (OK) Delta (DL) Garuda Indonesia (GA) KLM (KL) Kenya Airways (KQ) Korean Air (KE) Middle East Airlines (ME) Saudia (SV) TAROM (RO) Vietnam Airlines (VN) Xiamen Airlines (MF)
KLM Crown Lounge at Houston, TX - George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) welcomes:Notes:
View detailed access rules at skyteam.com and klm.com
- Air France and KLM Business Class passengers departing on a same–day flight.
- Flying Blue Gold and Platinum members departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member, in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Flying Blue Silver members departing on a same–day flight operated by Air France, in any class of service, for a fee payable in cash or miles.
- International First and Business Class passengers departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member.
- SkyTeam Elite Plus members departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member, in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Guests must be traveling on any flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Member must remain with the guests at all times during the visit.
- Lounge access will be provided only at your departure airport and not on arrival, unless you are connecting to a domestic flight or other qualifying international flight.
Get access to KLM Crown Lounge and 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide with Priority Pass: Save 10%!
- 3.5Based on 67 ReviewsRoy L.2019-08-22 11:26:53Opted to go here instead of United Club and glad I did...choice of snacks are better (I sampled the hummus w/pita, mixed mini sandwiches on good breads, a...Charles H.2019-06-10 12:48:49A standard lounge that is above-average (relative to other domestic lounges on the priority pass). I appreciated the avocado toast offering. They made sure...Nick N.2018-07-11 18:38:03Food: 4/5 Service: 5/5 Cleanliness: 5/5 Decor & Style: 4/5The self serve beer makes it an easy 5 star lounge. The chips and snacks are better than most...Will B.2018-06-27 15:23:48This was my first airport lounge experience even though I have had a priority pass for a couple of years. They didn't have a ton of locations when I...Porsche C.2018-06-13 10:07:04Hey, what can I say? Ever since I have been on this travel hype, I've been a travel snob, like seriously! I'm always looking for the BEST lounge, the BEST...
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
KLM Crown Lounge at Houston, TX - George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) welcomes all passengers on a pay-in basis -- no matter which airline you're flying!
Book ahead to guarantee your spot, and save time and money.
We offer instant, secure online bookings through our partner Lounge Pass.
Go to Lounge Pass to complete your booking.