- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soups
- Complimentary finger food
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
KLM Crown Lounge IAH design
The space is fresh, modern, and spotless. The design, inspired by the KLM lounges in Amsterdam, features hardwood floors, warm tones, and clean lines. Curtains and individual lamps create a warm environment, while the indoor plants and four bright red high backed chairs on a round red carpet contrast with the ensemble to create a dynamic vibe.
The lounge is comprised of two rooms linked by a hallway. Overall, the space is on the small side, with seating for approximately 80 customers, though it doesn’t feel cramped. Both rooms feature open seating areas with power outlets and side tables at every seat. In the first room is also a small dining area (where power outlets are somewhat lacking.) A few more seats are available in the hallway – the setup is somewhat odd, but incidentally those seats might be the most private overall.
The smart design does a good job at hiding a major flaw: the lack of natural light. While the lounge does have windows, those merely look down on the neon-lit concourse – a rather sad sight.
KLM Crown Lounge IAH amenities
In the main room is a stylish island with a selection of food and drinks. The food selection varies throughout the day – it is sligthly more elaborate prior to the departure of the daily KLM flight – though it remains pretty basic overall. Expect snacks such as hummus and pita bread, potato chips, cheese and fruit throughout the day, and cold cuts, veggies and pasta salad prior to flight time.
The drink selection is a highlight, however: soft drinks, beer, wine, and liquor are all self-serve. An elaborate espresso machine is also available.
In the back room is a small business center with work cubicle and a couple of shared computers. Other amenities include a wide selection of international newspapers and magazines. Unfortunately, there are no showers.
KLM Crown Lounge IAH bottom line
Overall, the KLM Crown Lounge at Houston Intercontinental airport is a small but pleasant and stylish lounge with comfortable seating and an enjoyable selection of alcoholic beverages. With only one KLM flight a day, it is typically pretty quiet.
By world standards, the Crown Lounge is a pretty low key and rather unremarkable facility for an international business class lounge. However, in the Houston market dominated by United, it stands out as one of the airport’s better appointed lounges and a welcome alternative to the United Clubs a brief train ride away.
You may have access to KLM Crown Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any SkyTeam member airline.
|Aeroflot (SU)||Aerolineas Argentinas (AR)||Aeromexico (AM)|
|Air Europa (UX)||Air France (AF)||Alitalia (AZ)|
|China Airlines (CI)||China Eastern (MU)||Czech Airlines (OK)|
|Delta (DL)||Garuda Indonesia (GA)||KLM (KL)|
|Kenya Airways (KQ)||Korean Air (KE)||MEA Middle East Airlines (ME)|
|Saudia (SV)||TAROM (RO)||Vietnam Airlines (VN)|
|Xiamen Airlines (MF)|
KLM Crown Lounge at Houston, TX - George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) welcomes:
- Pay-in customers: relax at the lounge no matter what airline you’re flying. Purchase access now and save time and money.
- Air France and KLM Business Class passengers departing on a same–day flight.
- Flying Blue Gold and Platinum members departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member, in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Flying Blue Silver members departing on a same–day flight operated by Air France, in any class of service, for a fee payable in cash or miles.
- International First and Business Class passengers departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member.
- SkyTeam Elite Plus members departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member, in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Guests must be traveling on any flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Member must remain with the guests at all times during the visit.
- Lounge access will be provided only at your departure airport and not on arrival, unless you are connecting to a domestic flight or other qualifying international flight.
3.5 / 5, based on 82 reviews
Buy a pass and relax at KLM Crown Lounge at Houston, TX - George Bush Intercontinental (IAH), no matter which airline you're flying. Book ahead to guarantee your spot and save time and money.
Please wait while we look up the best prices.