- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary finger food
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
- Air conditioning
- Newspapers and magazines
Houston Bush airport is one of the few locations where Air France and KLM still operate separate lounges—and incidentally, they are virtually adjacent: the KLM Crown Lounge is located near gate D14, while the Air France Lounge is next to gates D17-D18. Both lounges welcome SkyTeam passengers as well as Priority Pass members.
Air France Lounge IAH design
First impressions are bleak. While the KLM Crown Lounge stands out with its small but elegant circular lobby, the Air France lounge is hidden behind a suspicious looking door. You’d be forgiven for thinking you’re entering a construction site or a janitor’s closet.
Fortunately, things are significantly better inside. The Air France lounge is tastefully appointed with gorgeous hardwood floors throughout, soft beige and cream tones, fresh orchids, and comfortable seats. Cheesy but fun French memorabilia adorns the space, with photographs, miniature Eiffel towers, and oversized wine bottles and cheese boxes.
To the left of the reception desk is a dining area with a food serving area, dining tables, and counter-style seating along the window (sadly, without power outlets.) To the right is a larger seating area with elegant tainted glass dividers. The seating area features spacious seats with coffee tables, individual lamps and power outlets, in a comfortably spacious layout.
The large windows let plenty of natural light in, though the views on the airport access road are underwhelming.
The stylish décor with a French flair is a welcome departure from Air France’s typical cheap looking red and white design. Along with the New York JFK location, the Houston Air France lounge is possibly the airline’s best looking club in the US.
In the back is a cordoned off and more secluded VIP/First Class room, which we’ve never seen open, even at Air France flight times.
Unfortunately, the Air France Lounge at Houston intercontinental airport is somewhat under-dimensioned to accommodate mid-afternoon crowds. At peak times, finding a seat can be a challenge, and the space feels cramped and uninviting. Outside Air France and KLM departure times, the club is typically eerily quiet and offers an elegant private retreat.
Air France Lounge IAH amenities
The food and beverage selection is a mixed bag. It looks like Air France is trying to cater to French tastes, but without the budget to match. There are tasty baguette sandwiches, a surprisingly good soup, and an enjoyable selection of Bordeaux wines—along with a cheese tray which challenges a French person’s definition of cheese, shrink-wrapped snacks, and other basic items such as chips, hummus, and veggies and dips.
In a cooler is a selection of soft drinks, as well as bottled water, including Evian. A fancy touch screen espresso machine concocts various coffee drinks. Alcoholic beverages include beer (including Bud Light, which French passengers are unlikely to care for), wine, port wine, Mumm Napa sparkling wine, as well as a medium-shelf liquor selection. All beverages are self-serve and complimentary.
Overall, Air France’s offer underwhelms for an international departure lounge, despite a few highlights.
Though signs point to a business center, it appears to have been dismantled and replaced by a quiet room.
A wide selection of French newspapers and magazines is available, as well as a smaller array of international press.
A notable flaw is the lack of a bathroom, though public (and surprisingly good looking) facilities are located immediately adjacent to the lounge.
Air France Lounge IAH bottom line
The Air France Lounge at Houston Bush airport is an elegant lounge with a number of enjoyable French touches, as well as a number of major flaws, such as the lack of a bathroom.
Outside Air France flight times, the club is extremely quiet, and an excellent place to relax or work in serene surroundings with a glass of Bordeaux.
Around Air France and KLM departure times, the lounge is crowded and loses its appeal. The two airlines should consider merging their adjacent facilities in order to create a more spacious environment for their customers.
Air France Lounge at Houston, TX - George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) welcomes:
- Pay-in customers: relax at the lounge no matter what airline you’re flying. Purchase access now and save time and money.
- Air France La Premiere passengers departing on a same-day flight.
- Air France Hippocampe (HIPP) passengers departing on a same-day flight.
- Air France and KLM Business Class passengers departing on a same-day flight.
- Air France Premium Economy Class passengers departing on a same-day flight, for a fee payable in cash or miles.
- Air France Flying Blue Gold, Platinum, and Club 2000 members departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member, in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Air France Flying Blue Silver and Explorer departing on a same-day flight operated by Air France, in any class of service, for a fee payable in cash or miles.
- International First and Business Class passengers departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline.
- SkyTeam Elite Plus members departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline, in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Guests must be traveling on any flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Member must remain with the guests at all times during the visit.
- Lounge access will be provided only at your departure airport and not on arrival, unless you are connecting to a domestic flight or other qualifying international flight.
You may have access to Air France Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any SkyTeam member airline.
|Aerolineas Argentinas (AR)||Aeromexico (AM)||Air Europa (UX)|
|Air France (AF)||China Airlines (CI)||China Eastern (MU)|
|Czech Airlines (OK)||Delta (DL)||Garuda Indonesia (GA)|
|ITA Airways (AZ)||KLM (KL)||Kenya Airways (KQ)|
|Korean Air (KE)||MEA Middle East Airlines (ME)||Saudia (SV)|
|TAROM (RO)||Vietnam Airlines (VN)||Virgin Atlantic (VS)|
|Xiamen Airlines (MF)|
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following oneworld member airlines only.
|Qatar Airways (QR)|
3.5 / 5, based on 20 reviews
Buy a pass and relax at Air France Lounge at Houston, TX - George Bush Intercontinental (IAH), no matter which airline you're flying. Book ahead to guarantee your spot and save time and money.
Please wait while we look up the best prices.