Lufthansa operates two lounges at Washington Dulles airport. The Business Lounge welcomes Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers as well as Miles & More Frequent Traveler members. The lounge shares an entrance with the Senator Lounge which is reserved for Star Alliance Gold, Miles&More Senator members, and First Class passengers.
Lufthansa Business Lounge IAD design
The Lufthansa Business Lounge is located below the concourse level. As such it benefits from relatively little natural light and looks somewhat dark and cavernous. Otherwise, the design is pretty typical of previous generation Lufthansa lounges: a touch industrial and utilitarian, the club features comfortable seating, high tables for laptop users, and strong branding.
Right by the entrance is a staffed bar, at the edge of a large dining area. Behind are the buffet as well as a seating area with TVs. Power outlets can be found but are not located at every seat – it’s especially unfortunate that the high tables do not come with power ports.
The space isn’t large and fills up fast close to flight departure times. At peak times, finding a seat might be challenging and the crowds combined with the dark environment can undermine the overall experience.
Lufthansa Business Lounge IAD amenities
The range of amenities is solid, as is typical of Lufthansa lounges. The buffet is a highlight, with a variety of tasty appetizers, snacks and cold entrees. The drink menu includes, German beer, wines and cocktails. The spread is generous enough that patrons who wish to maximize sleeping time on board may consider having dinner at the lounge.
Several spacious shower suites available upon request, and come with towels and bath amenities. Do inquire early as the showers are shared with the Senator Lounge and there may occasionally be a waitlist.
Other amenities include a selection of newspapers and magazines. Lufthansa passengers can board directly from the lounge, from the reception area at the concourse level.
Lufthansa Business Lounge IAD bottom line
Overall, the Lufthansa Business Lounge at Washington Dulles airport is a pleasant lounge that is pretty typical of Lufthansa‘s worldwide lounge offering. It does get rather busy close to departure times, however, and Wi-Fi can be slow. Perhaps enhanced lighting or an upgrade to the latest design featured in Frankfurt would make the space feel more welcoming.
You may have access to Lufthansa Business Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
ANA (NH) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EGYPTAIR (MS) EVA Air (BR) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Airways (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
Lufthansa Business Lounge at Washington, DC - Dulles International (IAD) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers, departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle members, departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers, departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers, departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers, departing on the same day on a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight.
- Lufthansa Premium Economy passengers holding a voucher. (Purchasable lounge access is limited to the Lufthansa Business Class Lounges in Germany, the USA and at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.)
- Miles & More Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Eurowings BEST fare passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings SMART fare passengers who also hold Miles&More HON or Senator status departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings passengers who also hold Star Alliance Gold status with United or ANA departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on a same-day Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight, and must leave the lounge at the same time as the passenger who invited them.
When flying Star Alliance
When flying Star Alliance. Worldwide membership only.
- 3.5Based on 31 ReviewsDuy N.2019-09-02 18:11:50This is for the Senator lounge, which is for first class passengers and Star Alliance Gold members. I tried this lounge on my way back to LA. It has 1...Willie R.2019-08-31 10:46:26I vacillated between a 2 and 3 star review on this lounge. Located near Gate B51, it has a split with the Senator first class lounge upstairs and the...Mike W.2018-04-18 20:01:56Definitely a nice spot away from the rest of the airport. Nice food and drink options as well as full shower bathrooms for the business travler.AL K.2018-04-02 08:45:49I think this place needs a renovation, the outside area where you check in looks nicer than the inside. They serve complimentary drinks and finger foods...Torie W.2017-05-30 11:20:51Good food and nice service, but the decor seems to be "sterile" for lack of a better term. The ambience is not as there as the decor seems a bit outdated....