- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Baggage storage
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Lufthansa Business Lounge LHR design
Lufthansa frequent travelers will be struck by a “déjà vu” moment – the lounge is an exact replica of the new facilities at Frankfurt airport. Consistency trumps creativity, but that’s probably a good thing, since the newest lounge design draws high marks in every area: elegance, space, convenience, and catering.
Floor to ceiling windows let plenty of natural light in, although unfortunately the view is obliterated by stripes and a tubular structure. The design is modern, functional and casually elegant, with light colors, and soft and natural tones accentuated by hardwood floors. The open layout provides patrons with a generous amount of personal space, and every seat comes with a UK style power outlet – don’t forget your adapter.
Lufthansa Business Lounge LHR amenities
Immediately past the reception area, to the right, is a large business center with work cubicles. A few cell phone booths are also available, though the door-less design is somewhat puzzling. The business center is quiet and features plenty of power outlets, but we find working at a one of the many dining tables much more pleasant.
Prominently located by the entrance, and a focus point of the design, is the buffet, which, as in Frankfurt is catered by high-end provider Do&Co. The selection includes a range of hot and cold appetizers and entrees, including British and German specialties (in the morning, a full English breakfast is available) as well as a wide variety of mineral waters, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and liqueurs. The food is tasty and constantly replenished.
The bathrooms are modern and elegant, however Lufthansa does not offer showers at this location. Patrons who wish to shower may use the United Club or Singapore Airlines SilverKris lounge, however both are located 15 minutes away in Terminal 2B, making a quick shower a somewhat unrealistic endeavor.
Other amenities include a selection of newspapers and magazines, as well as small bag lockers in the reception area.
Lufthansa Business Lounge LHR bottom line
Overall, the Lufthansa Business Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 2 is a solid lounge all around. It matches, perhaps to a fault, the design of the airline’s newest clubs – while it is a model of efficiency, a few local touches might have been welcome. That being said, considering that Lufthansa’s German hubs are less than 3 hours away from London, the offering is pretty amazing, and a testament to the importance of the London market. Passengers departing on a long-haul flight will find showers as well as an expanded food and beverage selection at the United Club and Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge.
Lufthansa Business Lounge at London - Heathrow (LHR) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers departing on the same day on a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight.
- Lufthansa Premium Economy passengers holding a voucher. (Purchasable lounge access is limited to the Lufthansa Business Class Lounges in Germany, the USA and at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.)
- Miles & More Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Eurowings BEST fare passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings SMART fare passengers who also hold Miles&More HON or Senator status departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings passengers who also hold Star Alliance Gold status with United or ANA departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on the same flight as the passenger who invited them.
When flying Star Alliance.
When flying Star Alliance.
You may have access to Lufthansa Business Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following oneworld member airlines only.
|Royal Air Maroc (AT)|
5.0 / 5, based on 1 reviews