- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Opened in April 2015, the Singapore Airlines SilverKris lounge at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 2 (“The Queen’s Terminal”) features the airline’s “home away from home” design concept which was first rolled out in Sydney and Hong Kong. The décor emphasizes private and sophisticated spaces with artful touches.
The lounge is located in Terminal 2B, the long-haul area of the terminal, a 10-15 minute walk from the check-in area.
Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge LHR design
The elegantly crafted batik screen in the reception area, a worldwide symbol of renovated Silver Kris lounges, hints at a sophisticated space beyond. A discreet door to the left leads to the First Class lounge, while most passengers will make their way straight ahead to the expansive Business class lounge.
Adjacent to the reception area is a small room dubbed the Gallery, with an art collection. The concept is interesting, though realistically we can’t figure why anyone would want to sit in this confined space away from natural light.
A hallway leads to a dining area, which opens onto a large, mostly rectangular seating area. The design exudes an air of sophistication and elegance, with high end finishes, soft colors, and omnipresent but understated golden hues. While the window is relatively small and the views limited, light flows throughout the room thanks to the use of open, lightweight partitions. Light classical music in the background contributes to the upper-scale ambiance.
Various seating arrangements cater to all traveler types. All seats are outfitted with a side table with a lamp, a UK-type power outlet, and a USB port. Couples are bound to love the signature high-backed chairs by the windows, which provide enhanced privacy. Weary and business travelers may prefer the individual productivity and relaxation pods: similar to high-end business class suites, these private cocoons come with a comfy seat, a pillow, a desk and an LED lamp, all surrounded with high partitions. Don’t get too cozy or you may miss your flight!
There is also a small, exquisitely private nook by the kids’ room.
Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge LHR amenities
The Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge at London Heathrow offers a set of high-end amenities.
The buffet features the “Taste of Singapore” concept, with a variety of freshly cooked Asian and Western dishes—enough for a full meal on the ground. The selection is beautifully presented, and constantly replenished.
The bar is staffed prior to Singapore Airlines departure times, and self-serve otherwise. It features a large selection of wines, beers, Champagnes and spirits. Traditional English tea is served daily.
Several shower rooms are available. As is typical of Singapore Airlines, there is no need to inquire at the reception desk: just walk in, as the staff discreetly monitors availability and cleans the facilities between uses.
Simple in appearance but well-appointed, the shower rooms come with a shower stall, toilet, and a sink adorned with orchids. Patrons will find a luxurious set of Bvlgari-branded bath amenities or cosmetics to take away. Towels and washcloths are provided, and ventilation, water temperature and pressure are all excellent. The only lowlight is perhaps the generic shower gel and shampoo combo dispenser in the shower, which contrasts with the otherwise luxurious setup. Classical music plays in the background to round up the experience.
Other amenities include newspapers and magazines, as well as a kids’ play area, which unfortunately lacks a door.
Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge LHR bottom line
The Singapore Airlines SilverKris lounge at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 2 (“The Queen’s Terminal”) is an oasis of elegance and privacy. Because it is open all day, well beyond Singapore Airlines’ flight times, eligible passengers of fellow Star Alliance carriers will typically find the club quiet and serene, especially compared to the nearby United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge.
The following is a typical sample selection. Actual choices may vary. All food and drinks are complimentary. A full bar is available.
- Pop corn, toffee apple and cinnamon, strawberry and cream, salted caramel
- Wild leaf salad with red onion cucumber, olives and feta
- Traditional Caesar salad
- Char grilled vegetables with chili sesame seed and soy dressing
- Selection of dressings: Olive oil, vinaigrette, Caesar, soy and sesame seed
Sandwich and wrap selection
- Wiltshire ham and cheese and whole grain mustard on white and granary breads
- Roast chicken mayonnaise and salad wraps
- Cheese and onion with mayonnaise on white and granary breads
- Joe’s fisherman pie: sliced white fish smoked haddock, prawns in white wine dill sauce cheese topped with mash potatoes
- Char grilled vegetables: zuchini, carrots, peppers, red onion in chili sesame seed, soy sauce
- Pea and paneer butter masala: braised pea and cheese cashew nuts in an aromatic spiced sauce
- Fried flat noodles: penang style flat noodles with light and dark soya with fried prawn and Chinese pork sausage
- Chicken tikka masala: braised chicken, tomato curry with cashew nuts
- Chicken noodle soup: asian chicken broth with hard broiled egg chili and spring onion
- Spiced butternut squash soup: warming cumin and ginger pulp with garlic crouton
- Mango crème brulee pot with mint caramel biscuit
- New York cheesecake with raspberry coulis
- Seasonal sliced fruit platter
- Artisan cheeses, served with crackers and rustic pear chutney
- Chocolate cake
- Fruit cake
- Madeira cake
- Scone with strawberry jam and clotted cream
- Singapore Sling
- Ginger Mojito
- Brandy Alexander
- Cucumber cup
- Banana Dalquirl
- Apple and kiwi cooler (non-alcoholic)
You may have access to Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge at London - Heathrow (LHR) welcomes:
- Singapore Airlines Suites class passengers (+1 guest)
- Singapore Airlines First class passengers (+1 guest)
- Singapore Airlines Business class passengers (+1 guest)
- PPS Club and KrisFlyer Elite Gold members departing on a same-day flight operated by Singapore Airlines
- Business Class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a Star Alliance airline (no guests)
- First Class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a Star Alliance airline (+1 guest)
- Star Alliance Gold Members departing on a same-day flight operated by a Star Alliance airline (+1 guest)
- Virgin Australia Velocity Platinum and Gold members
- departing on a same-day flight operated by Singapore Airlines (+1 guest)
- United Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by a Star Alliance airline (no guests)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by a Star Alliance airline (no guests)
When flying Star Alliance.
When flying Star Alliance.
4.0 / 5, based on 9 reviews