The Lufthansa Business Lounge at Munich airport, Terminal 2 in the non-Schengen zone by gate H24 serves Star Alliance business class passengers, although Star Alliance Gold members and Lufthansa’s Miles & More Senator members may use to the adjacent Senator Lounge.
Lufthansa Business Lounge MUC design
The space is mostly comprised of a single large open room. The hardwood floors and numerous indoor plants are a nice touch, but the overall design feels a little bare. A single window provides some daylight, although there are no views to speak of, as the lounge overlooks the immigration area.
Seating options include comfortable armchairs with side tables and power outlets, café style seating, and a disproportionate number of high tables with bar stools. Such tables are typically convenient for laptop users, but in this instance, they lack power outlets, so we’re not sure what Lufthansa had in mind. Effectively, the layout concentrates patrons around the traditional seating areas, which can become somewhat crowded at peak times.
Lufthansa Business Lounge MUC amenities
The generous food and beverage selection includes a variety of appetizers, hot and cold entrees, and desserts. Drinks include soft drinks, espresso and tea, wines, sparkling wine, and liqueur. On occasion Lufthansa operates food carts which cook German specialties to order.
Shower suites are available by the reception desk; each suite comes with a shower, toilet, sink, and bath amenities. Do inquire as soon as possible, though; the facilities are shared with the adjacent Senator Lounge and there is often a waitlist. The bathroom is also shared between the two lounges and a tad too small at peak times.
Other amenities include bag lockers in the reception area as well as a broad selection of newspapers and magazines.
Lufthansa Business Lounge MUC bottom line
Overall, the Lufthansa Business Lounge at Munich airport, Terminal 2 in the non-Schengen zone delivers on all the basics including Wi-Fi and power outlets, and offers a number of welcome international grade amenities such as a generous food and beverage selection and showers. However, the overall layout and design fail to impress, and the lounge can be busy at peak times. The Business Lounge in the Schengen area, provided that you have the proper passport or visa for access, tends to provide a more pleasant and possibly quieter alternative.
You may have access to Lufthansa Business Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EGYPTAIR (MS) EVA Air (BR) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Airways (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
Lufthansa Business Lounge at Munich - Franz-Josef Strauss (MUC) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers, departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle members, departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers, departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers, departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers, departing on the same day on a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight.
- Lufthansa Premium Economy passengers holding a voucher. (Purchasable lounge access is limited to the Lufthansa Business Class Lounges in Germany, the USA and at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.)
- Miles & More Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Eurowings BEST fare passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings SMART fare passengers who also hold Miles&More HON or Senator status departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings passengers who also hold Star Alliance Gold status with United or ANA departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on a same-day Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight, and must leave the lounge at the same time as the passenger who invited them.
When flying Star Alliance
When flying Star Alliance. Worldwide membership only.
- 4.0Based on 31 ReviewsAlly W.2019-06-22 17:43:30This lounge seems on the smaller side and is pretty crowded. I was able to find a seat at a counter, but all seats and tables are pretty close together. I...Joe B.2018-06-21 05:06:05Just ok. After visiting the Dulles Turkish Airways lounge (which is fantastic) before landing in Munich this lounge was a huge let down, mostly due to the...Lori W.2016-09-23 01:08:10Managed to catch cold for the few minutes I was outside getting off plane onto bus that transports us to terminal. Clearly I was under dressed. All that to...Sam S.2015-10-24 06:56:28As far as business class lounges go it's ok. It was packed when we arrived and the lack of comfortable seating was a bit of a let down. The food choices are...