COVID-19 closure: Lufthansa Senator Lounge is temporarily closed.
Be the first to know when Lufthansa Senator Lounge re-opens. It's free and easy. Log in or create an account and sign up to be notified. We will monitor the status of this lounge and e-mail you when it re-opens.
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Lufthansa is one of the only two Star Alliance carriers that operate their own lounges at Paris Charles de Gaulle Terminal 1, since most airlines use the shared Star Alliance lounge in the non-Schengen zone.
The Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Paris Charles-de-Gaulle airport Terminal 1 is located on the basement level of satellite 6 and welcomes Miles&More Senator and Star Alliance Gold members departing on flights operated by the Lufthansa group (Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian, Eurowings.) The lounge shares an entrance with the larger, but slightly lower key Business Lounge for business class passengers.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge CDG design
The Lufthansa Senator Lounge is one of the very few lounges at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport Terminal 1 to be located in a satellite building, and thus after security, so patrons may relax until boarding time. The satellite location implied a trade-off: due to the limited real estate, Lufthansa has chosen to go underground. The lounge lacks windows and natural light, and feels somewhat gloomy and cavernous. The odd vibe is accentuated by the choice of neon and fluorescent lighting.
The club features the airline’s legacy industrial design. The layout is remarkably efficient, but the space lacks a soul. The lounge is furnished sparsely; every seat comes with a side table, an individual lamp, and a western European power outlet.
By the buffet is a small dining area along with table-top seating which is convenient for laptop users.
While nowhere near new, the Lufthansa Senator Lounge is pristine and spotless. That said, an upgrade to the latest design rolled out in Frankfurt with additional touches of color would be welcome.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge CDG amenities
The Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport is a small lounge, serving very short flights, and thus offers relatively limited amenities.
The buffet offers a selection of snacks, appetizers and finger food. The serving area was recently expanded with the addition of a side console for refrigerated items. At breakfast time, patrons will find fresh pastries, yoghurt, fruit salad, cheese, cold cuts, eggs, sausage, bacon, as well as a variety of breads and jams. During the day, salads and rotating simple dishes are available.
The drink selection includes a variety of juices and soft drinks, espresso, a few choices of red and white wines plus a Cremant sparkling wine, Fishcher and Paulaner beers on tap, as well as Martini (red and white), Glenfiddich and Johnny Walker Red whiskey, Gordon gin, Absolut vodka, Crème de Cassis, Bailey’s, and Hennessy cognac.
By the lobby is a small business center with privacy dividers and power outlets. Complimentary Wi-Fi is naturally available, however due to the subterranean location of the lounge, there is little to no cell service.
The bathrooms are located by the reception area and are shared with the adjacent Business Lounge. Other amenities include a small selection of newspapers and magazines, and individual bag lockers.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge CDG bottom line
The Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Paris Charles de Gaulle Terminal 1 delivers on the basics—it is a comfortable place to relax, grab a bite or catch up on work prior to a flight. Unlike most Terminal 1 clubs, it is conveniently located after security.
An alternative for passengers who may prefer daylight, showers, and an expanded food and beverage selection is the Star Alliance lounge located in the non-Schengen zone. In order to get access, request an invitation at check-in and go through passport control. Allow plenty of time to get to the Luthansa gates, as it involves going back through through passport check, a trek to the satellite building, and then security controls at the satellite. Note that Lufthansa First Class passengers do not receive access to the Star Alliance First Class lounge, which is reserved for passengers boarding long-haul flights from Paris Charles de Gaulle.
You may have access to Lufthansa Senator Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Paris - Charles de Gaulle (CDG) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle Members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil.)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil.)
- Star Alliance Gold passengers departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Eurowings SMART and BEST fare passengers who also hold Miles&More HON or Senator status departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings passengers who also hold Star Alliance Gold status with United or ANA departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on a same-day Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight, and must leave the lounge at the same time as the passenger who invited them.
3.5 / 5, based on 8 reviews