COVID-19 closure: Lufthansa Senator Lounge is temporarily closed.
Be the first to know when Lufthansa Senator Lounge re-opens. It's free and easy. Log in or create an account and sign up to be notified. We will monitor the status of this lounge and e-mail you when it re-opens.
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
The Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Frankfurt airport in Concourse C serves select non-Schengen flights operated by A380s as well as flights to Israel.
If you’re familiar with the rest of the airport, you’ll notice that Concourse C is organized a bit differently. Indeed, the concourse has been designed with the A380 in mind, with oversized boarding areas for economy passengers, and no less than three lounges for Business Class passengers, all with direct boarding access to the planes. The Senator Lounge welcomes Lufthansa Miles and More Senator passengers and Star Alliance Gold members and offers direct boarding from the lounge to gates C14, C15, and C16. Other business class passengers may use the adjacent Business Class Lounges by gates C14-C15 and gate C16.
While getting to Concourse C from the main terminal or train station requires a lengthy walk, at least when you reach the lounge you know you can relax with your boarding gate in plain sight.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge FRA design
The lounge is a generation order than its counterparts in Concourses A and Concourse Z, yet it remains elegant and in excellent condition. The space benefits from plenty of daylight thanks to a large window wall that runs along the entire length of the lounge. The high ceilings, hardwood floors and ambient lighting contribute to the posh and soothing vibe.
The seating arrangement consists of a large section with individual seats with side tables, individual lamps and power outlets; a small TV room, and a dining area. There is also a small business center with work cubicles and a few self-service computers. The layout is relatively sparse, which makes the lounge feel open, private and quiet even at peak times.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge FRA amenities
The buffet is probably the highlight. With a broad selection of appetizers, snacks, cold and hot entrees, and desserts, there’s plenty for a full meal on the ground. Libations include soft drinks, German beer, several red and white wines, sparking wine, and a wide selection of liquor. The buffet is constantly replenished and the food kept fresh throughout the day.
Shower suites are available, and come equipped with a sink, toilet, rain shower, and bath amenities. Be sure to inquire early should there is a wait — you’ll be given a buzzer that will go off when your shower is available.
Other amenities include newspapers and magazines, numerous bag lockers, a smoking room, and phone booths (with doors — a feature appreciated both by users and fellow patrons.)
Lufthansa Senator Lounge FRA bottom line
Overall, the Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Frankfurt airport in Concourse C is a classy, pleasant and spacious lounge with shower suites and a generous food and beverage offering. It doesn’t have amenities of the newer lounges such as relaxation chairs and napping rooms, but it offers all the essentials and is also typically quiet and thus relaxing. Assuming you’re boarding from gates C14, C15 or C16, you’ll board directly from the lounge and thus won’t have to worry about leaving early, which helps maximize productivity or relaxation on the ground.
You may have access to Lufthansa Senator Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following oneworld member airlines only.
|Qatar Airways (QR)|
|Air Astana (KC)||Air Dolomiti (EN)|
Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Frankfurt am Main (FRA) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle Members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil.)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil.)
- Star Alliance Gold passengers departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Eurowings SMART and BEST fare passengers who also hold Miles&More HON or Senator status departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings passengers who also hold Star Alliance Gold status with United or ANA departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on the same flight as the passenger who invited them.