COVID-19 closure: SkyTeam Exclusive Lounge is temporarily closed.
Be the first to know when SkyTeam Exclusive Lounge re-opens. It's free and easy. Log in or create an account and sign up to be notified. We will monitor the status of this lounge and e-mail you when it re-opens.
- CLOSED TEMPORARILYFood:
- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
The flagship SkyTeam Lounge at London Heathrow airport is operated by the SkyTeam alliance on behalf of its airline members operating from Terminal 4: Aeroflot, Aerolíneas Argentinas, Aeromexico, Air France, Alitalia, China Eastern, Garuda Indonesian, Kenya Airways, KLM, Korean Air, Saudia, TAROM, Vietnam Airlines, and Xiamen Air. The club belongs to a burgeoning worldwide network of SkyTeam-branded lounges with locations at major hubs such as Dubai, Sydney, and Hong Kong.
The shared lounge model allows minor players at London Heathrow to offer superior ground services and compete against the flag carrier British Airways.
The SkyTeam Lounge primarily welcomes premium customers and SkyTeam Elite Plus members traveling on flights operated by SkyTeam member airlines. Priority Pass members are also welcome, albeit with a three-hour time limit. All other Economy class passengers can purchase access at the door.
SkyTeam Exclusive Lounge LHR design
Spreading over 1,600 square meters (17,000 square feet) and spanning across two stories, the SkyTeam Lounge at London Heathrow airport is the largest SkyTeam-branded club worldwide. With space for 300 guests, the lounge easily accommodates peak-time departures, and feels eerily quiet at off hours.
As one of SkyTeam’s older shared lounges, the club sports the alliance’s original retro-futuristic décor dominated by white tones, clean lines, and smooth curves. Splashes of color and an impressive botanical living wall break the otherwise somewhat sterile color palette.
The ensemble is highly functional, convivial, and airy, though the design is trending past its prime—the orange-colored seats feel like a blast from the 90s, natural light is limited, and there is hardly a power outlet in sight (the few outlets are all UK-style.)
Guest will find their choice of traditional and tabletop seats, dining tables for two, and convivial round communal tables. The layout has a few idiosyncrasies: some portions of the lounge are tightly packed, while others offer plenty of privacy. SkyTeam could easily eliminate the seldom-used computer stands to create more space and redistribute the furniture or increase capacity.
Both floors feature substantially the same layout and amenities, though the lower level tends to be quieter, especially outside peak times when food is only served on the upper level. The lower floor also sports larger windows, so consider walking the short flight of stairs from the reception area or locating the well-hidden elevator in the rear of the lounge near the buffet.
SkyTeam Exclusive Lounge LHR amenities
Packed with amenities, the SkyTeam Lounge London has something for everybody. If time permits, a hot meal, shower, massage or nap are all in the cards.
SkyTeam offers a full hot buffet with a selection of appetizers, cold cuts, salads, hot entrees, and a range of sweeter options (look for the ice cream stand!) The menu caters to international tastes, with European fare like pâté, American favorites such as turkey, Middle Eastern staples including hummus, and worldwide classics: pasta, fish, and meat malls. The printed menus are a nice touch, and the staff is prompt to replenish the buffet and assist guests.
The attractive wine tasting room on the lower floor—a signature feature of SkyTeam lounges worldwide—boasts a self-serve selection of local and worldwide red, white, and sparkling wines with stemware for every occasion. Heineken on tap and a broad liquor selection round up the offering.
First Class passengers don’t need to walk all the way to the bar: the select few enjoy an expended beverage selection in the comfort of an elegant and serene VIP room on the upper floor. Some airlines add a finishing touch with at-seat dining or a personal escort to the aircraft.
Families are in for a treat, with plenty of entertainment options for the young and young at heart. A kids’ room features a selection of toys and games, while video game stations dot the lounge—although the hardware isn’t the latest.
When it’s time for some R&R, head over to the Clarins Spa. The facility is unique within the SkyTeam-branded lounge network, and aims squarely at British Airways: the home carrier has a long-standing partnership with Elemis, with four Elemis Spa outposts in Terminals 3 and 5 for Business and First Class passengers.
At the Clarins Spa, SkyTeam Lounge guests may request a complimentary 15-minute treatment such as a massage or a facial, or enjoy one of the massage chairs. There may be a waitlist at peak times, so inquire early. The availability of a massage appointment is never guaranteed, though SkyTeam customers tend to fare better than British Airways passengers, given the smaller scale of SkyTeam’s operation at London Heathrow.
The Clarins Spa also sports five shower suites available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The facilities are clean and functional, but could use a remodel. There’s plenty of space to change, but the shower stalls are on the small side, and the water temperature controls are located outside—you’ll need to crack open the glass door to adjust the temperature. One towel is provided and liquid soap is available in a wall-mounted dispenser. There is no shampoo.
Other amenities include a slumber room with 5 semi-private alcoves outfitted with recliners; a business center with Internet-connected PCs, and selection of newspapers and magazines.
SkyTeam Exclusive Lounge LHR bottom line
Spreading over two levels, the SkyTeam Lounge at London Heathrow airport features ample room to work, relax, and socialize in modern and comfortable surroundings.
The SkyTeam Lounge London was designed to compete with British Airways on their home turf. The vibrant club is packed with amenities and has the hallmark of a flagship lounge with high-end features such as a generous hot buffet, a self-service wine bar, a business center, a slumber room, a family room, shower suites, and a complimentary Clarins Spa.
A few simple updates would make the club a traveler’s favorite: it’s time for SkyTeam to install power outlets at every seat and perhaps remodel the dated showers and business center.
First Class customers can retreat to an elegant private area with an expanded alcoholic beverage selection, though the experience doesn’t quite match private dining and a stroll on the terrace at the British Airways Concorde Room.
The SkyTeam Lounge London is a luxurious option for Priority Pass customers, and a superior alternative to ever-busy Plaza Premium Lounge: members of the popular lounge network have access to the full range of amenities, including spa treatments. However, the 3-hour time limit is strictly enforced.
You may have access to SkyTeam Exclusive Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any SkyTeam member airline.
Aeroflot (SU) Aerolineas Argentinas (AR) Aeromexico (AM) Air Europa (UX) Air France (AF) Alitalia (AZ) China Airlines (CI) China Eastern (MU) Czech Airlines (OK) Delta (DL) Garuda Indonesia (GA) KLM (KL) Kenya Airways (KQ) Korean Air (KE) MEA Middle East Airlines (ME) Saudia (SV) TAROM (RO) Vietnam Airlines (VN) Xiamen Airlines (MF)
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following oneworld member airlines only.
Qatar Airways (QR) Royal Air Maroc (AT)
Air Astana (KC) Air Mauritius (MK) Arik Air (W3) Tunisair (TU)
SkyTeam Exclusive Lounge at London - Heathrow (LHR) welcomes:
- Pay-in customers: relax at the lounge no matter what airline you’re flying. Purchase access now and save time and money.
- International First and Business Class passengers departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member.
- SkyTeam Elite Plus members departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member, in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Guests must be traveling on any flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Member must remain with the guests at all times during the visit.
- Lounge access will be provided only at your departure airport and not on arrival, unless you are connecting to a domestic flight or other qualifying international flight.
- 3.5Based on 40 ReviewsHaylee M.2019-03-10 01:00:20Tldr; AMAZING FOOD! Lots of options (healthy and not as well), Stable WiFi, Spacious! Better than the Plaza Premium Lounge This is definitely one of the...Haylee M.2019-03-10 01:00:20Tldr; AMAZING FOOD! Lots of options (healthy and not as well), Stable WiFi, Spacious! Better than the Plaza Premium Lounge This is definitely one of the...Tinyee H.2018-11-26 17:31:09This was a nice lounge with a view of the tarmac. The buffet area had plenty to eat, but I was a bit sad about the beer selection. I was expecting a...Tinyee H.2018-11-26 17:31:09This was a nice lounge with a view of the tarmac. The buffet area had plenty to eat, but I was a bit sad about the beer selection. I was expecting a...Christina C.2017-07-07 02:47:41One of the better lounges available on priority pass. Lots of drink options and there is actual food rather than stale, old looking snacks like most other...Arthur F.2017-07-04 22:10:56Great way to eat and relax before our flight to Rome. Full buffet breakfast. Drinks. Even coffee!. I love it! Thanks Arthur JrArthur F.2017-07-04 22:10:56Great way to eat and relax before our flight to Rome. Full buffet breakfast. Drinks. Even coffee!. I love it! Thanks Arthur JrDavid E.2017-04-26 23:28:14A good lounge all around. Strong selection of drinks, decent food, friendly service, nice seating options and convenient places to work. A...
Buy a pass and relax at SkyTeam Exclusive Lounge at London - Heathrow (LHR), no matter which airline you're flying. Book ahead to guarantee your spot and save time and money.
Please wait while we look up the best prices.3666SkyTeam Exclusive Lounge