The SWISS Business Lounge at Zurich airport Concourse E opened in January 2016 and serves long-haul flights to destinations outside Europe’s Schengen zone. The Business Lounge welcomes Star Alliance Business Class passengers. Miles&More Senator and Star Alliance Gold members also have access to the adjacent Senator Lounge, which offers an elevated level of service.
SWISS Business Lounge ZRH design
The three SWISS lounges in Concourse E benefit from a superb location above the concourse level. The pristine space is surrounded by an open-air observation deck which boasts expansive views over runway 28 and the Swiss Alps. The views are equally impressive from inside, thanks to the floor to ceiling windows on the entire perimeter of the lounge.
The exquisite design is a modern take on SWISS’ traditional décor. It combines the airline’s signature touches – the elegant hardwood floors, posh Vitra furniture and accent walls made of Jura limestone – with a lighter and more expansive color palette, gorgeous woods and finishes, and subtle lighting. The ensemble is a showcase example of truly refined yet understated design, with a soothing but dynamic vibe. In sort, it’s everything we’ve always loved about the SWISS design, but in a brighter, less minimalistic, and more lively setting.
Next to the reception area is a sparsely furnished space, with a living room vibe. Grab a chair, or perhaps a spot on a couch, and relax by the expansive view. The hanging lights add a vertical component to the design, while the small coffee tables are playful and inviting – although perhaps a bit of a case of form over function.
Walk straight ahead and you’ll reach a spacious buffet area, with espresso machines complete with SWISS branding on a center islands and a buffet loaded with tasty treats along the walls. Beyond is a vast dining area with an open kitchen – a truly expansive but popular space.
The main seating areas are pretty typical of the traditional SWISS lounges, with a wall of Jura stone as the backdrop, but they’re far more inviting than their counterparts in Concourse A and Concourse D, thanks to the panoramic views and eye pleasing light fixtures. The comfortable and large seats are flanked by individual side tables with built-in universal power outlets and individual lamps. The seating arrangement is spacious enough for travelers to enjoy a comfortable amount of space and privacy even at peak times.
In the center of the main area is an art installation, which, we’ll admit, we couldn’t quite figure out, but it’s certainly unique.
The SWISS design is a hallmark of elegance and understated luxury, and the new Business Lounge in Concourse E raises the bar.
SWISS Business Lounge ZRH amenities
A major highlight of the SWISS Business Lounge at Zurich airport Concourse E is the food and beverage offering. The traditional buffet is of course available, with a generous selection of fancy appetizers and entrees and an emphasis on creative canapes and tasty bite-sized portions. But SWISS goes beyond, with a new concept dubbed “front cooking”: a large live cooking station where chefs prepare hot entrees on demand. Options include omelets in the morning and Swiss fare in the afternoon. There are few lounges in Europe that serve cooked-to-order food to elite and Business Class passengers, so SWISS is once again raising the bar.
The drink selection is equally impressive, with a large selection of self-serve alcoholic beverages in addition to a wide array of soft drinks and hot beverages.
While the Business Lounge is bound to be busy at peak times, it still provides a substantial amount of privacy. Patrons will isolated recliners, separated from the bustling central area by elegant curtains. A number of the elegant leather recliners are located along the windows, offering an expansive vista. There are also individual workspaces and phone booths.
Four tastefully decorated and well-appointed shower suites are shared with the adjacent Senator Lounge. Towels and bath amenities are provided, but be sure to inquire at the reception early, as there may be a waitlist.
Finally, a beautiful observation deck surrounds the lounge and features exciting close-up views on the tarmac and Swiss Alps. However, access to the deck may be restricted based on security regulations and weather considerations.
SWISS Business Lounge ZRH bottom line
The SWISS Business Lounge at Zurich airport Concourse E (non-Schengen) is a hallmark of elegance, comfort and convenience. The design does an excellent job at catering to every type of traveler, with the right balance between open spaces and privacy. The amenities are impressive for a business class lounge, with luxurious touches such as the cooked to order meals. And the expansive views are sure to make a visit memorable. Interestingly, there are few notable differences between the Business and Senator lounges in Concourse E – the latter does have a fully stocked whiskey bar – which is a testament to the quality of the Business Lounge.
You may have access to SWISS Business Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EGYPTAIR (MS) EVA Air (BR) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Airways (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
SWISS Business Lounge at Zurich (ZRH) welcomes:
- First Class passengers departing the same day on an international flight operated by SWISS or a Star Alliance member airline (+1 guest and children under the age of 18)
- Business Class passengers departing the same day on an international flight operated by SWISS or a Star Alliance member airline (no guests)
- Economy Class passengers departing the same day on an international flight operated by SWISS, for 39 Euros. Book online ahead of your flight.
- Miles & More HON Circle members departing the same day on an international flight operated by SWISS or a Star Alliance member airline (+1 guest and children under the age of 18)
- Miles & More Senator members departing the same day on an international flight operated by SWISS or a Star Alliance member airline (+1 guest and children under the age of 18)
- Miles & More Frequent Traveller members (no guests)
- Star Alliance Gold passengers departing the same day on an international flight operated by SWISS or a Star Alliance member airline in any class of service (+1 guest and children under the age of 18)
- United Club members departing on an international flight operated by SWISS or a Star Alliance member airline (no guests)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on an international flight operated by SWISS or a Star Alliance member airline (no guests)
When flying Star Alliance
When flying Star Alliance. Worldwide membership only.
- 4.0Based on 40 ReviewsKato K.2019-09-05 11:39:34Gate D. Nice lounge, basic poor quality food, no cheeses or meats to go with the olives. No butter and most importantly, no ice cream. Not worth money but...Michael S.2019-06-04 08:31:39Amazing lounge in Zurich! We stopped by the other lounges included in the Priority group and this one is far better (but you need to be flying business+...Rabia J.2019-01-04 13:01:11This was a quick stop in this lounge before my flight that was from Zurich to Miami. There were some things which I really liked about this particular...Bjorn P.2018-07-28 21:24:31Fantastic business lounge. For breakfast they have a fresh omelette station, freshly baked breads like croissants and rolls and breakfast meats and cheeses....Sunil R.2018-07-23 06:13:42Decent lounge....OK food and drinks options, wifi, clean of course and comfy.Nick A.2018-03-07 21:56:08Wow! What a beautiful welcome to Zurich. A little slice of heaven after an overnight flight across the pond. It's simple but in the best of ways. I...