Lounge closed: The United Club pop-up location at New-York/Newark airport in Concourse C near gate C124 closed permanently in January 2020. United is building a new, permanent United Club at this location. The new lounge is expected to open in 2021.
Opened in may 2017, the United Club at New-York/Newark airport in Concourse C by gate C124 is a temporary “pop-up” lounge, which aims at relieving crowding at the United Club near gate C74. The location will remain open until a new permanent lounge is available.
The C124 temporary club features plenty of daylight, tarmac views, comfortable seating, espresso, soda, beer, wine, and snacks. (The full United Club food and beverage menu is not available at this location.)
While comfortable, the setup is extremely basic. The club is essentially a partitioned-off space within the gate area, and does not have a bathroom. Noise from the concourse bleeds in, and the constant stream of PA announcements can be disturbing. Also, the club is typically busy to the point that finding a seat can be difficult.
You may have access to United Club as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EVA Air (BR) Egyptair (MS) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Air (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
United Club at New York, NY - Newark Liberty International (EWR) welcomes:
- United Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by United or a Star Alliance member airline, or arriving on a United flight (+2 guests, or the member’s spouse and children under the age of 21.)
- United Polaris business class passengers departing or connecting (no guests)
- United Business passengers departing on a United transcontinental Premium Service flight at the origin and destination of their premium transcontinental flight (no guests)
- United Business passengers departing on an United international flight (to/from Mexico, Guam, Caribbean, Central America, Columbia and Ecuador) at departure, connecting and arrival airports (no guests)
- Business Class passengers departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (no guests)
- First Class passengers departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (+1 guest)
- United Premier Gold, Premium Platinum, Premier 1K, and Global Services members departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Star Alliance Gold Members (except United Premier members and above) departing on a domestic or international flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier in any class of service (+1 guest)
- United Club one-time pass holders (paper or electronic passes) (no guests)
- Active U.S. military personnel departing on a same day United flight (+family members)
- Amtrak Guest Rewards Select Plus and Select Executive members departing on a same day United flight (+1 guest and children under the age of 21.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (no guests for Air Canada Maple Leaf Club North America members, +1 guest for Air Canada Maple Leaf Club Worldwide members)
- Passengers in domestic First class do not receive United Club access. United Business passengers flying on a Premium Service flight between San Francisco/Boston, San Francisco/Newark, or Los Angeles/Newark receive access at the origin and destination of their premium transcontinental flight.
- A government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license, passport or military ID) may be required.
When flying Star Alliance. NA Plus and WW memberships only.
- 1.5Based on 8 ReviewsF S.2018-07-20 13:40:21Pop up club is basically a day care center for adults Lacks in amenities. Practicality if u have flight in a gate higher than 99, you're out of luck No clubJamie B.2018-06-16 11:08:11I'm assuming this is the Yelp check-in for the "pop up" United Club? If yes, it's pretty basic here--limited beverage and snack service, but it's clean and...