A haven for passengers departing or arriving in United’s intercontinental premium cabin and Star Alliance long-haul Business and First Class passengers, the United Polaris Lounge at Houston Intercontinental airport is situated in Terminal E between gates E11 and E12, above the United Club, a stone’s throw from the security checkpoint and near United’s international departure gates.
The lounge welcomes long-haul premium passengers exclusively. Star Alliance Gold members traveling in economy and business class customers traveling to Central America are invited to use the United Club.
United Polaris Lounge IAH design
The fourth addition to the nascent Polaris Lounge network, the United Polaris Lounge at Houston Bush airport is a faithful sibling of its San Francisco and Newark counterparts, in a more compact setting.
On the concourse level, a marble-clad lobby greets patrons with an elegant back-lit desk, high-end finishes, and a light fixture evoking seven constellations (a near replica of the Polaris Lounge Newark piece.) An elevator whisks guests to an elegant top-floor space with floor-to-ceiling windows and sweeping views of the tarmac and runways.
At Houston airport, the designers have stayed away from the open space concept, preferring smaller rooms that are less grandiose and feel more residential. Partitions delineate areas dedicated to relaxation, work, socialization, and dining. The decor is a modern yet timeless blend of soothing blue, gray, and white tones. The alliance of designer light fixtures, marble partitions, and accent lighting creates a serene ambiance with luxurious undertones.
Guests have their choice of over 10 types of seats, all outfitted with one or more USB and power outlets. Solo travelers will find 22 private and comfortable “signature seats”—productivity pods equipped with personal lighting, USB and power, a coat hook, and a laptop table—while other options include dining tables, couches, and traditional lounge seating with side tables and individual lamps.
The Polaris Lounge plays on the cosmos metaphor with star-shaped clusters of seats, “stardust” motifs on the ceiling, and dimly-lit hallways outfitted with LED twinkling stars.
United Polaris Lounge IAH amenities
The United Polaris Lounge at Houston Intercontinental airport boasts an outstanding line-up of amenities, which include an outstanding dining experience, shower suites, and semi-private relaxation areas.
The buffet features a cold and hot spread with a Texan and South American flair. The selection includes Brazilian empanadas, Argentinian picadillo stew, Cilantro rice, and a Chipotle mac and cheese casserole. The breakfast menu is inspired by European trends, with baguette, cheese, and mustard.
For a more luxurious experience, consider taking a seat at United’s complimentary full-service restaurant—an outstanding perk for business class travel. The posh space features 14 tables with seating for 28 patrons, and offers an adventurous menu with highlights such as a Texan hash skillet for breakfast, a chilled gazpacho, Argentinian roasted chimichurri chicken, and Cajun andouille sausage and chicken etouffee. The popular Polaris Burger is also on the menu, as well as all-time favorites such as chicken quesadillas, and a selection of desserts including tres leches bites and lemon curd.
In addition to wine pairings, United offers a full bar, with a broad selection of international wines, Champagne, and beer on tap.
The star of the show is the creative cocktail menu, crafted from fresh and home-made ingredients such as lavender syrup, anise-infused vodka, and oolong tea-steeped bourbon. The signature cocktails celebrate the multi-cultural horizons that dominate the Houston bar scene, with the Caliente on the Rocks, a margarita with homemade sour mix which can be enjoyed as spicy as desired, and the caipirinha, a Brazilian drink crafted with muddled lime, sugar, and cachaca. Barista coffee is also available.
The United Polaris Lounge at Houston Intercontinental airport features six spacious and elegantly appointed shower suites outfitted with a rain shower, slippers, heated Saks Fifth Avenue-branded towels, Cowshed Spa bath products, and handy power and USB outlets. Amenities such as combs, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shower caps, curling irons, and shaving kits are available upon request. United also offers clothes pressing service: hang your clothes through the double door, ring the bell, and your items will be promptly returned to you while you freshen up.
Adjacent to the shower rooms are two semi-private quiet suites featuring a daybed, eye masks, ear plugs, Saks Fifth Avenue-branded pillows and blankets, and a white noise machine. The design aims at striking a balance between comfort and efficiency: while relatively private and quiet, the suites lack doors, and their location in front of the windows is not especially conducive to sleep.
In lieu of traditional public bathrooms, the Polaris Lounge sports generously-sized individual all-gender stalls equipped with a toilet, a sink, an ottoman, and plenty of room to change or freshen up.
United Polaris Lounge IAH bottom line
United’s new Polaris Lounge at Houston Intercontinental airport delivers a luxurious and intimate experience, with an outstanding array of amenities including shower suites, a full-service restaurant, and a full bar.
The lounge is compact, with less than 200 seats, and may get busy early in the mornings or in the evenings, when most long-haul flights arrive or depart.
Note that Star Alliance passengers should allow 10 minute walk to reach the adjacent Terminal D, while guests continuing on to United domestic flights will want to allocate 10 minutes to reach Terminal C, and 15-20 minutes to get to Terminals A or B.
For more information, read our blog post: FIRST LOOK: The United Polaris Lounge Houston
A la carte dining: Breakfast (served until 11 am)
- Overnight oats served chilled with chia seeds and fresh seasonal berries
- English muffin duo with smoked paprika egg salad on one half of an English muffin, accompanied by avocado, tomato and micro parsley on the other
- Frutas licuado bowl a refreshing blend of blueberries, apple and banana topped with mango, banana, coconut, honey drizzle and granola—a traditional Latin American treat
- French toast topped with peach compote and candied pecans
- Texan hash skillet with fried eggs, pulled pork, potatoes, roasted peppers and caramelized onions, topped with avocado
- Three-egg omelet with choice of diced tomatoes, spinach, onions, peppers, ham, bacon and cheddar
A la carte dining: Lunch and dinner menu
- Chilled gazpacho served tableside
- Fresh shrimp lettuce cup with lemongrass shrimp, fresh vegetables and a sweet chili sauce
- Achiote chicken quesadilla with shredded chicken, melted cheese, corn, black beans, roasted red peppers and house-made salsa served on a crispy flour tortilla. Vegetarian option available upon request.
- Argentinian roasted chimichurri chicken with black beans, rice and plantains
- Avocado caprese salad with a choice of shrimp or chicken on a bed of spring mix, buffalo mozzarella, grape tomatoes and basil, served with balsamic vinaigrette
- Cajun andouille sausage and chicken étouffée served over a bed of steamed rice
- United Polaris Burger with cheddar, lettuce, tomato, pickled vegetables, garlic aioli, bacon, fried egg and house-cut fries
- Bread pudding with bourbon creme anglaise
- Tres leches bites with mixed berries
- Lemon curd with citrus meringue and fresh berries
CocktailsSignatures of the Sky
- United Polaris Star, Star anise-infused vodka, Dolin Blanc and Dolin Dry garnished with a single star anise
- The Paper Plane, Oolong-steeped bourbon, Amaro Nonino Quintessentia, Aperol, chamomile honey and lemon, garnished with a paper plane
- Cloud Cover, Aviation Gin. grapefruit liqueur and fresh lime juice with lemon twist
- United Polaris Old Fashioned, Rieger’s Kansas City Whiskey, house simple syrup. San Francisco Bitters, Company Reception Bitters with a fresh orange wheel and Luxardo cherry
- High Altitude Bloody Mary, Star anise-infused and house made bloody mary mix with fresh pepper, sea salt, olive and celery garnish
- Ginger Scotsman, This playful version of the classic Penicillin combines Balvenie DoubleWood, ginger beer, chamomile honey, lemon and a mist of Ardbeg 10 Year
- Lavender Lift, Riondo Blu Prosecco, Belvedere Vodka, lavender and lemon essence with a lavender garnish
- Smoky Negroni, Del Maguey Single Village Mezcal, Carnpari house made vermouth and orange bitters with a dehydrated orange garnish
- Caliente on the Rocks, Casamigos Tequila, fresh jalapeño, orange juice and our house sour mix, garnished with a jalapeño. Spice it up your way with heat made to order
- Caipirinha, A traditional Brazilian favorite made from muddled lime, sugar and cachaça
WinesWhites and Rose
- Swanson Vineyards, Pinot Grigio, Sonoma Mountain, California 2014, Well balanced with notes of white peach, guava. Asian pear, honey and Meyer lemon zest
- The Crossings, Sauvignon Blanc, Awatere Valley, New Zealand 2015, Grassy, herbal notes accent pink grapefruit on the nose and a silky feel to the wine that lingers on the finish
- Hahn SLH, Chardonnay, St. Lucia Highlands, California 2014, Rich and layered with silky notes of peach, nectarine, ripe pear and vanilla
- Schloss Johannisberg, Riesling, Rheingau, Germany, crisp, firm and fresh on the palate with notes of white flowers, lemon and pear
- Rosé in the Air, Rosé, Cotes de Provence, France, Light pink color with peach and lychee highlights, a floral nose with notes of exotic and citrus fruits
- Riondo Blu, Prosecco, Veneto, Italy, Fresh and velvety with scents of Golden Delicious near and acacia blossom
- Piper-Heidsieck “1785” Cuvée Brut, Champagne, France, A classic full-bodied champagne bursting with juicy pear and bright citrus with toasty notes
- Migration by Duckhorn, Pinot Noir, Russian River, California 2014, Complex aromas of rich earth and rose petals with abundant cherry pie, strawberry and a touch of sweet oak
- The Prisoner, Red Blend, Napa Valley, California, Bold aromas of black cherry and plum with hints of oak and vanilla. softened with cocoa for a dense finish
- Bodega Norton, Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina 2013, Intense and complex with notes of ripe fruit and a fine touch of smoke and coffee
- Noble Vines 181, Merlot, Lodi, California 2013, Classic style with soft tannins followed by the flavors of ripe plum, black cherry and toasty oak
- Tenet the Pundit, Syrah, Columbia Valley, Washington, Ripe cherry and plum aromas are complemented by earthy undercurrents of smoky cocoa and cola, and highlighted by traces of citrus blossom and lemon
- Rodney Strong, Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley, California 2013, Elegantly structured and loaded with juicy black cherry, cedar. créme de cassis and ripe, mature tannins
- Rabble Mossfire Ranch, Tempranillo, Paso Robles, California, 2016, Subtle Tobaccco and black fruit with wild red berries. rich cherry, licorice and black pepper, and a complex finish
- Hangar 1
Tequila & Mezcal
- Caña Brava White Rum
- Crusoe Spiced Rum
Whiskey, bourbon & rye
- Casa Noble Reposado
- Casamigos Tequila Añejo
- Del Maguey Single Village® Mezcal
- Angel’s Envy
- Rittenhouse Rye
- Maker’s 46
- WhistlePig Straight Rye Whiskey
- Rieger’s Kansas City Whiskey
- Ardbeg 10 Year Balvenie
- DoubleWood Single Mal
- Crown Royal Canadian Whisky
- Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Nikka Coffey Grain Japanese Whisky
CordialsAmari, Liqueurs & Cognac
- Baileys Original Irish Cream
- Giffard Pamplemousse
- Grand Marnier
- Pimm’s No. 1
Beer: a wide selection of seasonal craft and luxury beers
- Coke Zero
- Daily selection of Rishi hot and iced tea
- Daily selection of smoothies
- Diet Coke
- Fresh juices
- illy coffee
- Seagram’s Club Soda
- Sprite Zero
You may have access to United Polaris Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following Star Alliance member airlines only.
ANA (NH) Adria Airways (JP) Aegean (A3) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EVA Air (BR) Egyptair (MS) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Air (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
United Polaris Lounge at Houston, TX - George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) welcomes:Note: A same-day boarding pass for an international flight in a premium cabin is required. United Club members, United Club one-time pass holders, and MileagePlus elite members traveling in economy may not use Polaris lounges unless they meet one of the access conditions.View detailed access rules at united.com
- United Polaris first class passengers, within 24 hours of their international flight, at the departing, connecting and destination airports (+1 guest)
- United Polaris business class passengers, within 24 hours of their international flight, at the departing, connecting and destination airports (no guests)
- First Class passengers departing on an international flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline (+1 guest)
- Business Class passengers departing on an international operated by a Star Alliance member airline (Canada and Mexico excluded) (no guests)
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.