- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
The British Airways Galleries Club North at London Heathrow Terminal 5 is one of the three business class lounges that British Airways operates at Terminal 5. This club serves primarily passengers departing from the north side of the sprawling terminal.
British Airways Galleries Club North LHR design
The layout of the Galleries Club North is pretty basic. Behind the reception desk is a long and narrow buffet area with dining tables, which opens onto a large, open rectangular seating zone. Immediately adjacent is an indoor terrace featuring terrific views of both the bustling concourse and tarmac. The lounge benefits from ample natural light thanks to the long window wall and high ceilings. Aircraft lovers will enjoy the counter-style tables by the window.
The décor is pretty standard for British Airways, with hardwood floors, chairs with British upholstery, and wine walls. It’s a mix of old fashioned and modern – perhaps overall, the Galleries Club North feels a bit more modern than the other Galleries Club locations, yet the furniture is a blast from the past.
The seating area is constantly busy and offers virtually no privacy. While the terrace is less frantic, noise bleeds from the concourse.
The lounge also lacks in the power outlet and privacy departments. There are few, if any plugs next to the seats, although laptop users may use the well-appointed “Work and entertainment” zones.
British Airways Galleries Club North LHR amenities
The lounge features a solid line up of amenities, including a staffed bag storage facility, a well-appointed family room, a business center with self-service computers and printers, and several shower suites.
Food and drinks are plentiful. At breakfast time a selection of fresh, warm and delicious pastries is available to accompany espresso drinks. Throughout the day, snacks and hot entrees are served; the fare is basic but filling. The drink selection is a highlight, with mineral water, a wide array of soft drinks, and British Airways’ traditional Silver Bar featuring a large choice of wines and spirits.
British Airways Galleries Club North LHR bottom line
Overall, with hardwood floors, an indoor terrace, showers, and a vast range of food and drinks, the British Airways Galleries Club North at London Heathrow Terminal 5 has many key attributes of a great business class lounge. Yet, it suffers from chronic crowding, is often noisy, and offers very little privacy. If you have ample time and are willing to walk, you may want to visit the larger Galleries Club South instead, or even take the train over to the Galleries Club in Satellite 5B, for a much quieter experience.
The following is a sample selection. Actual offerings may vary. All food and beverages are complimentary.
Breakfast (before noon)
- Breakfast pastries
- Corn flakes
- Swiss-style muesli
- Bran flakes
Lunch and dinner (after noon)
- Chili con carne
- Beef bourguignon
- Baked beans
- Jacket potato
- Mustard chicken
- Pasta with a basil and tomato sauce
- Red Thai vegetable curry
- Chicken, chorizo and tomato quiche
- Spinach and ricotta quiche
- Salad bar
- Pesto sala with cashews and pine nuts
- Five bean salad
- New potato and spring onion salad
- Bottled water
- Red and white wines
- Selection of liqueurs and spirits
- Champagne available upon request
You may have access to British Airways Galleries Club North as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following oneworld member airlines only.
|Alaska Airlines (AS)||American Airlines (AA)||British Airways (BA)|
|Cathay Pacific (CX)||Finnair (AY)||Iberia (IB)|
|Japan Airlines (JL)||Malaysia Airlines (MH)||Qantas (QF)|
|Qatar Airways (QR)||Royal Air Maroc (AT)||Royal Jordanian (RJ)|
British Airways Galleries Club North at London - Heathrow (LHR) welcomes:
- British Airways First passengers (+1 guest)
- British Airways Business Class passengers (Club Europe and Club World) (no guests)
- British Airways Gold Executive Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or other oneworld carriers (+1 guest)
- British Airways Gold Executive Silver members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or other oneworld carriers (+1 guest)
- First class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Business class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (no guests)
- oneworld Emerald members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- oneworld Sapphire members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Guests must be departing on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
- For connecting passengers, lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
- American Airlines and Qantas customers who have purchased a membership in their airline’s lounge network do not have access to British Airways lounges unless their ticket or status qualifies.
3.5 / 5, based on 32 reviews