The Lufthansa Business Lounge at Frankfurt airport, Concourse B, by gate B24, serves most passengers departing on non-Schengen flights. It is one of the two Business Lounges in Concourse B; Lufthansa operates a sister club with similar amenities by gate B44. Passengers holding Lufthansa Miles & More Senator or Star Alliance Gold status have access to the posher Senator Lounge by gate B43.
Lufthansa Business Lounge FRA design
The lounge is located on the upper level from the concourse and features large windows, yet the views are non-existent as the club faces another section of the terminal. Still, natural light flows in. The layout has it a circular feel, with a large seating area wrapping around a core where the buffet and bathrooms are located. The place is large, so keep walking — we find that patrons tend to congregate in the vicinity of the reception area, so you might enjoy greater privacy by exploring a little further.
A substantial portion of the floor plan is furnished as a seating and dining area with round tables for four and bar style seating. The layout is mostly open, though a few partitions break up the space. The choice of materials is a bit puzzling: the classy hardwood floors contrast with white plastic chairs which, while they might very well be the creation of a designer, look like there’s straight out of a kindergarten classroom. In another unfortunate twist, power outlets are nowhere to be found in the main seating area.
Fortunately there is relief for business travelers, as a large section of the lounge is equipped with table-top seating with power outlets. There are also small work cubicles as well as a few self-service computers. Our favorite amenity, though, is the series of phone booths — with doors — that benefit both users and other patrons.
Lufthansa Business Lounge FRA amenities
The large buffet stands out as the centerpiece of the design. Lufthansa offers a broad selection of appetizers, snacks, cold and hot entrees, and desserts. Occasionally a food cart will make an appearance and prepare cooked to order German specialties. On the drinks front, patrons will enjoy a substantial selection of soft drinks, espresso and tea, German beer, several wines including sparkling wine, as well as liqueurs and spirits.
Should you need to relax or freshen up, multiple amenities are available. You may enjoy the Panasonic relaxation chairs by the window. Or, for deeper sleep, consider the dark slumber room with day beds. Small pillows and blankets are provide; the setup is hardly luxurious and noise from outside may bleed in, but it’s a great place to catch up on sleep if needed. Finally, well-appointed shower suites are available, and come with a sink, toilet, towels, and a selection of bath amenities. Be sure to inquire early as there may be a waitlist.
Other amenities include secure bag lockers, coat racks throughout, and a large selection of newspapers and magazines.
Lufthansa Business Lounge FRA bottom line
Overall, the Lufthansa Business Lounge at Frankfurt airport, Concourse B, by gate B24 is a solid business class lounge. The design is somewhat odd — elegant hardwood floors and well-designed work areas mesh with cheap looking plastic chairs, and despite the windows there isn’t much of a view. But with a fully stocked buffet, shower suites, and little extras like individual phone rooms and a kids’ zone, it is a pleasant and well-appointed lounge overall.
You may have access to Lufthansa Business Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EGYPTAIR (MS) EVA Air (BR) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Airways (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following SkyTeam member airlines only.
Lufthansa Business Lounge at Frankfurt - Main (FRA) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers, departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle members, departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers, departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers, departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers, departing on the same day on a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight.
- Lufthansa Premium Economy passengers holding a voucher. (Purchasable lounge access is limited to the Lufthansa Business Class Lounges in Germany, the USA and at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.)
- Miles & More Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Eurowings BEST fare passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings SMART fare passengers who also hold Miles&More HON or Senator status departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings passengers who also hold Star Alliance Gold status with United or ANA departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on a same-day Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight, and must leave the lounge at the same time as the passenger who invited them.
When flying Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian
When flying Star Alliance
When flying Star Alliance. Worldwide membership only.
- 4.0Based on 10 ReviewsMartha G.2019-09-09 01:46:19Honestly one of the best lounges I've been to ( keep in mind I've primarily been in united lounges ). Decent food, liquor, beer, wine and spirits are pretty...Brian B.2019-07-30 13:49:38Large luxury lounge with a little something for everyone. This a well stocked business lounge, as one would expect from a LUFTHANSA Business Lounge in the...Tyler T.2019-06-28 09:31:01Some things to note: 1) If you're getting in with the AMEX Platinum benefit, it is only for you. If your guest is traveling with you on Lufthansa they can...Manfred S.2018-07-21 19:24:14This is one of the worst lounges at FRA, but still offers Possmann Apfelwein. Being bread, born, raised and educated in the Frankfurt area, Apfelwein...Judy A.2017-08-12 23:38:51Best thing ever! They have US 110 volt outlets. Even though they are only located on one side, I am so glad they have them. The reception staff are nice...Timothy C.2016-04-23 02:03:33The B terminal has 2 business class lounges (for Lufthansa), this is the less busy one. If arriving here, but going to A terminal, I was told to stay here,...