COVID-19 closure: The Lufthansa Senator Lounge at London Heathrow airport is currently closed. Eligible customers are invited to visit the Business Lounge.
Be the first to know when Lufthansa Senator Lounge re-opens. It's free and easy. Log in or create an account and sign up to be notified. We will monitor the status of this lounge and e-mail you when it re-opens.
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
The Business and Senator lounges are in the immediate vicinity of the security checkpoint and are ideal for passengers departing from Terminal 2A.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge LHR design
The Senator Lounge boasts Lufthansa’s latest design, which will be immediately familiar to anyone who has used the Senator Lounges in Frankfurt. The design is modern, functional and casually elegant; light colors, soft and natural tones and materials are accentuated by hardwood floors, and individual lamps at every seat give the space a cozy vibe. While the floor to ceiling windows let plenty of natural light in, there are unfortunately no views to speak of due to the structure of the building.
At a first glance, the space looks very much like the adjacent Business Lounge, but the design offers patrons more privacy. There is additional separation between seats (and more comfortable furniture), and, for anyone tired of London’s urban jungle, a the napping room in the back. The dimly lit space features semi-private recliners with side tables facing a backlit, life-size picture of relaxing forest scenery. UK style power outlets are available at every seat – don’t forget to bring an adapter.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge LHR amenities
The food and beverage selection provided by high-end caterer Do&Co does not disappoint. The menu includes a range of hot and cold appetizers and entrees, including British and German specialties (in the morning, a full English breakfast is available) as well as a wide variety of mineral waters, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and liqueurs. The selection is generous, and broader that in the Business Lounge.
There is also a small business center, although it’s essentially a duplicate of the room in the adjacent Business Lounge; the space could possibly have been put to a better use – for showers for example. Indeed, while the lounge features modern and elegant bathrooms, there are no showers at this location, which is atypical of Lufthansa’s larger lounges. Considering that the airline’s hubs are less than three hours away from London, that’s understandable, though. Star Alliance passengers headed to further destinations will find showers at the United Club and Singapore Airlines SilverKris lounge, however both are located 15 minutes away in Terminal 2B.
Other amenities include a selection of newspapers and magazines, as well as small bag lockers in the reception area.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge LHR bottom line
Overall, the Lufthansa Senator Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 2 is a pleasant and well-appointed lounge, and considering that Lufthansa only operates regional flights out of London, it qualifies as an excellent facility. There’s only one catch: like most Senator Lounges worldwide, it is busy – often busier than the Business Lounge, in fact, which is substantially larger. Provided you notify the gate keeper, though, it’s easy enough to help yourself from the Senator Lounge’s enhanced food and beverage selection and then consume at the quietest seat in the house, even if it happens to be located in the adjacent Business Lounge.
You may have access to Lufthansa Senator Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
Lufthansa Senator Lounge at London - Heathrow (LHR) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle Members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil.)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil.)
- Star Alliance Gold passengers departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Eurowings SMART and BEST fare passengers who also hold Miles&More HON or Senator status departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings passengers who also hold Star Alliance Gold status with United or ANA departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on the same flight as the passenger who invited them.
4.0 / 5, based on 21 reviews