- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Baggage storage
- Barista coffee
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Lufthansa Senator Lounge MUC design
The club is split into four general areas: a dining area to the left when entering, a seating area to the right, a relaxation area across the buffet, and a business center in the very back. The décor is characteristic of previous generation Senator Lounges, which is to say that the space is very functional, but not especially attractive. It feels a bit dark due to the beige wall and the limited daylight. The lounge features limited views on the concourse but does not benefit from outside windows.
The seating area features comfortable albeit perhaps a bit old seats, with individual side tables, lamps and power outlets. The layout is pretty dense, though, so privacy is limited. For laptop users, a more convenient option might be the business center in the back, which features high counter-style tables with power outlets, privacy dividers, self-service computers and a fax/printer.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge MUC amenities
The food and beverage offering is strong, as expected from a hub Senator Lounge — and that’s pretty remarkable for a facility serving short haul flights only. The buffet features a generous selection of snacks, appetizers, hot and cold entrees, and desserts, including Movenpick ice cream. A bar island offers beer on tap, wine and Champagne, in addition to an array of spirits and liqueurs.
To the right of the buffet and dining area is a relaxation zone with chaise lounge chairs. You won’t get much of a view, but at least the layout is sparser and a tad more private. (At newer Senator Lounges, Lufthansa has vastly improved the setup of relaxation zones, with enhanced privacy against a backdrop of pictures of forest scenery.) Immediately adjacent and discreetly tucked away in the corner by the magazine rack is the entrance to a small slumber room, a dark space with a couple day beds. It might just be the best kept secret of the lounge, and features complete privacy, though noise from outside will invariably bleed in.
Well appointed shower suites are available, each suite features a shower, sink and toilet and comes with towels and amenities such as a comb and a toothbrush.
Other amenities include newspapers and magazines, as well as coat racks.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge MUC bottom line
Overall, the Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Munich airport opposite gate G28 (Schengen) is a well-appointed lounge with a solid range of amenities. Considering that it serves exclusively short-haul flights within the Schengen zone, it’s a real treat to be able to expect a full meal, a shower, and possibly a nap. That being said, the space, far from relaxing, is often hectic due to the crowds, and at peak times finding a seat might be challenging. If you’re on a short layover and could simply use a drink and a pastry or small bite, consider using the excellent Senator Café instead. If you’re on a longer layover, the newer Senator Lounge by gate G24 is likely to offer a more serene environment. Or, you might just head next door to the Business Lounge, which, realistically, is likely to be quieter.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Munich - Franz-Josef Strauss (MUC) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle Members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil.)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil.)
- Star Alliance Gold passengers departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Eurowings SMART and BEST fare passengers who also hold Miles&More HON or Senator status departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings passengers who also hold Star Alliance Gold status with United or ANA departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on the same flight as the passenger who invited them.
You may have access to Lufthansa Senator Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
|Air Dolomiti (EN)||Discover Airlines (4Y)||Luxair (LG)|